Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to order a new windscreen. I think a light tint would look really good. And I'd like to have some more deflection of air. I'm leaning towards the marc 1 zg double bubble with the light tint:
Zero Gravity Marc 1 Windscreen - RevZilla

But I'd like to see pictures and comments from people that have installed aftermarket windscreens on their 959. I tried a quick search here and saw comments but not a lot of pictures. What have you all installed? BTW, my 959 is red.

·
Registered
439 Posts
ZG Double Bubble Dark Smoke...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
@avigil - RevZilla doesn't have the Marc1 available for the 959 on their site

here's what the Light Smoke looks like - I just installed it last week, after waiting 3 months for it - it's not a Double Bubble

I Love it! The look and the little additional air cushion it provides

Attachments

·
Registered
892 Posts
@sinjin and @Dingo, about where does the air come up to?

On the stock windshield, in an upright, forward seating position, for me (5'10") the windscreen moves the air such that it hits maybe my chin.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
I'm 6' and the wind now hits me in the chin/upper neck, depending on how I'm sitting - which is great because I can just sit all the way back in the seat and tuck down and the wind goes right over my helmet

·
Registered
892 Posts
@avigil did you end up getting the double bubble?

·
Premium Member
1,280 Posts

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Group buy for the marc1 light tint like dingo posted?

Sent from my LGLS996 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
I ended up getting the Ducati Performance light smoke screen. Really gives it that race bike look. Ill post a few snaps when I get a chance

·
Registered
8 Posts
@avigil - RevZilla doesn't have the Marc1 available for the 959 on their site

here's what the Light Smoke looks like - I just installed it last week, after waiting 3 months for it - it's not a Double Bubble

I Love it! The look and the little additional air cushion it provides
New on the site :) .. that looks great .. was it easy to install or do you have to remove the front fairing? Thanks Sal

·
Registered
36 Posts
Looks Awesome!!! I got the Zero Gravity on the way just trying to figure it out if the front fairing needs to be removed on the 959 or I can get away without doing so ? Thanks
I had the dealership fit it.. was having other work done so thought it was easiest... I have done my 848s in the past without taking the fairing off and it was a PAIN.. I would just plan on taking it off ... save you the headache of trying ;) .. Can't wait to see a photo when all fitted ;P

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
@SAL959R @Simi Von Cattiva - the front fairing has to be removed to install the windscreen - it's a PITA, took me about 5 hours to complete, after running to my local dealer for new metal screw clips-there's only 2 (one was all bent from whoever installed the fairing originally)

if either of you don't have the Service Manual, I suggest downloading it - there's a thread with the link in it

·
Registered
36 Posts
@SAL959R @Simi Von Cattiva - the front fairing has to be removed to install the windscreen - it's a PITA, took me about 5 hours to complete, after running to my local dealer for new metal screw clips-there's only 2 (one was all bent from whoever installed the fairing originally)

if either of you don't have the Service Manual, I suggest downloading it - there's a thread with the link in it
Thanks for the info.. Yep I have the full service manual very handy to have. Windscreens can be a pain.. that's why I had the dealership do it before I even brought her home ;)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Wow it sure didn't look that complicated... I guess I will have Dealer install at my first service !! Thanks Guys :)
Its not too bad, remove the mirrors before you start and get a buddy to help you.

You can then flex the fairing enough to get the screen out without losing the rubber lugs

I bought new lugs for the new screen and superglued them on :laugh:

Took me about 20mins all up

·
Registered
8 Posts
Its not too bad, remove the mirrors before you start and get a buddy to help you.

You can then flex the fairing enough to get the screen out without losing the rubber lugs

I bought new lugs for the new screen and superglued them on :laugh:

Took me about 20mins all up
Took your advice and bam 40 minutes later got it all done 😍👍🏻

Attachments

1 - 20 of 30 Posts