Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed in questions some forum members couldn't find any published stats, but I saw these on the Canadian website:

"Titanium racing silencer kit.
The most you can ask for from a slip-on system. The constructional care of Akrapovič is obvious in both the design and performance. The increase in torque and power exceeds 7% and the weight is reduced of 1.7 kg. The kit includes an up-map key for uploading the dedicated mapping."

I do have them on my 959. My feelings are that it's a bit expensive even at rebated prices (my dealer gave them to me $2300 USD installed). One thing I can comment on is the up-map key that is included is the big difference IMO. It seems the bike starts easier and throttle inputs at low RPM are more precise - not as "chuggy" and less of an on/off sensation. Seems to me this is indicating the bike is not running as lean as it does with the stock map. As far as overall performance it's a bit hard for me to say. I had my suspension tuned at the same time and overall I'm riding considerably faster. Part of that is due to confidence, the throttle response is less twitchy and the suspension just feels so right - so how much does the actual slipon affect this? I don't know, but I am definitely faster. I like the way it looks, I think it sounds great - but I thought the stock exhaust sounded great too - the Akra is a bit louder and the "note" is about an octave lower. Personally, I wouldn't buy them just for the sound.

In then end though, I would spend the money again. I'm enjoying the bike a lot more than what you would think from what seem to be only subtle improvements. Ultimately the price may be a bit of a rip, but the enjoyment factor makes it a good deal. Perhaps I could have simply got there with a "power commander" type system (once the get out) - but whatever the case I would highly recommend remapping the fuel management.

·
Registered
183 Posts
you managed to get a aura slip for less than 3k? **** that's a steal. also the upmap is usually with the full exhaust, good stuff.

·
Super Moderator
1,276 Posts
Good information. Thanks for posting!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The up-map key comes with the slip-ons as well (see description I quoted). By the way, the more time I get on the bike the more I realize what a great improvement this new map/exhaust is. Low input throttle control is leaps and bounds better than the stock map. Even starting the bike this morning at a cold 2 celsius was INSTANT. Was never like that before, even in the middle of a hot summer. Definitely running richer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts