Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to upgrade my 959 with the Akra exhaust and wanting to know how much of a difference there is in sound between the two options? In Aus the price difference between the two is pretty heavy so if there isnt much I'll happily settle for the slip on :)

Thanks

·
Registered
91 Posts
From what I've been told, the headers aren't really worth it for the 959/1299 (they have the same headers I believe). The 899 it was worth it as they were smaller in diameter than the 959, but now that the 959 got bigger header pipes, the only benefits are weight reduction to the header pipes and your wallet.

I went with just the Termi slip on exhaust as I couldn't be bothered paying an extra $2k+ for header pipes... (more than the slip ons!!!)

·
Premium Member
1,278 Posts
This has most likely been debated in detail somewhere on this forum, but IMO, if you're mainly interested in the upgrade for the exhaust note, I would probably just get the slip-ons. Aside from the cost difference, full system installs on these bikes are time consuming (if it's a DIY) and expensive if you have it done.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts