Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Akrapovic needs little to no introduction, but in case you have never heard of them, they pretty much make the best exhaust systems on this planet. They are not just about peak power, but they improve vastly on the mid range and low end power as well. The systems they make are so nice that, they would feel just at home on display at a modern art museum as well as on your motorcycle, this full system they have for the Panigale is no exception! Just look at it!

This is the full titanium system, and the Akrapovic part number is S-D11E1-T

Due to Akrapovic's agreement with Ducati, there are only a limited number of systems available to be sold to customers outside of the Ducati Dealers.

How much?
- The Akrapovic Evolution Line Full Titanium system is ONLY! $3928.46 USD
- Shipping as always is fast and free within USA!
- Quick and affordable shipping for international customers.

How long till I receive my product?
- Only 1-3 Business days! (in USA)
- International delivery varies by location. Usually no more than 10 days.

How do I purchase?
- Purchase directly from our website: https://www.motomillion.com/collect...ium-exhaust-ducati-panigale-899-1199-959-1299

Will it fit my 959?
- Fits all Ducati Panigale models including the 959.

Do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions!...​

·
Super Moderator
1,276 Posts
Are they offering any sort of slip-on package?

·
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are they offering any sort of slip-on package?
Not through any Akrapovic dealers, they might be through Ducati dealers, but be ready to pay for almost a full exhaust at that point.

·
Super Moderator
1,276 Posts
Not through any Akrapovic dealers, they might be through Ducati dealers, but be ready to pay for almost a full exhaust at that point.
Yeah, that's how it was last April when I purchased the bike.

·
Registered
7 Posts
So what's the difference between this one and the one sold by Ducati Dealer?

The dealer told me that the one they so comes with up-map key, so its price is too high, 6000$ here in Vietnam.
Here's my take, and this is in the U.S. so may vary in Vietnam:
The OEM Akra kits from Ducati Performance (both slip-on and full system) come with the Ducati-supported Up-map tuning, which means you get full warranty support on the product and bike with no questions asked, and get any future maps released by Ducati automatically during your regular dealer services. If you use an aftermarket (non-DP) exhaust, then you either run without any supplemental tuning (why would you do that?) or you add an aftermarket fueling unit like the Rapid Bike tuner. Those work great, just be aware that Ducati does frown on aftermarket tuning modules, and most-especially aftermarket re-flashing of the ECU, when it comes to warranty compliance. So once you get the exhaust and a fuel tuning solution in place, there's not a big difference between the total cost of aftermarket+fuel vs. DP/Up-Map, assuming you got a deal on your exhaust from your Ducati dealer. Many dealers offer discounts in the store that can't be advertised online due to Ducati's restrictive minimum advertised pricing policies, so it pays to ask around. Some dealers offer discounts on accessories when you're buying your bike also.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Here's my take, and this is in the U.S. so may vary in Vietnam:
The OEM Akra kits from Ducati Performance (both slip-on and full system) come with the Ducati-supported Up-map tuning, which means you get full warranty support on the product and bike with no questions asked, and get any future maps released by Ducati automatically during your regular dealer services. If you use an aftermarket (non-DP) exhaust, then you either run without any supplemental tuning (why would you do that?) or you add an aftermarket fueling unit like the Rapid Bike tuner. Those work great, just be aware that Ducati does frown on aftermarket tuning modules, and most-especially aftermarket re-flashing of the ECU, when it comes to warranty compliance. So once you get the exhaust and a fuel tuning solution in place, there's not a big difference between the total cost of aftermarket+fuel vs. DP/Up-Map, assuming you got a deal on your exhaust from your Ducati dealer. Many dealers offer discounts in the store that can't be advertised online due to Ducati's restrictive minimum advertised pricing policies, so it pays to ask around. Some dealers offer discounts on accessories when you're buying your bike also.
^^^ This

About the only thing that could be said in addition to the above would be that if you are on the road and have issues with a DP upgrade installed on your bike, it is serviceable and likely covered by any dealer supporting the Ducati name. If you had an aftermarket Akrapovic system, it would be up to you, your dealer or shop if they installed it, and the vendor that sold the kit to you to determine the process and whether to fix or replace it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts