Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I know this stuff is cheap chinese junk and I do think of my bike as high art, how the **** ever, I went pretty deep in my wallet just to get the bike and it needs some obvious upgrades.

I was thinking about a rear set, levers, radiator guards and grips and that's it off aliexpress.

So have to pay big bucks for a seat, tail tidy bar end mirrors and then some led signal covers for the holes left by the mirrors.

That's a lot of scratch man. I'd like to cheap on some stuff till i can upgrade it in a year or so.

So, has anyone had experience buying parts from aliexpress for their ducati panagale 959 or ducati in general?

I did get a rear set for a ktm 390 duke off of aliexpress a year ago and was quite satisfied with it. It was heavy and well machined I thought. Definitely not the quality of the rizoma stuff i've seen around shops but a fraction of the cost.

thanks

·
Registered
892 Posts
I can vouch for eBay levers. Literally the same, you probably won't upgrade them unless you want carbon bling or a master upgrade.

Radiator guards are simply that - as long as it fits though, you probably won't upgrade them.

Can't say the same for rear sets, but they're relatively cheap that you can make the judgement call once the cheap ones are on. Compare to woodcraft rearsets if you want to upgrade.

You should be good for life on cheap grips.

You could probably get cheap bar end mirrors as well - I've seen some that match the form and function of the CRG arrows pretty well for 1/10th of the price. Cheap ones probably still better than OEM.

·
Premium Member
1,278 Posts
Hi,

I know this stuff is cheap chinese junk and I do think of my bike as high art, how the **** ever, I went pretty deep in my wallet just to get the bike and it needs some obvious upgrades.

I was thinking about a rear set, levers, radiator guards and grips and that's it off aliexpress.

So have to pay big bucks for a seat, tail tidy bar end mirrors and then some led signal covers for the holes left by the mirrors.

That's a lot of scratch man. I'd like to cheap on some stuff till i can upgrade it in a year or so.

So, has anyone had experience buying parts from aliexpress for their ducati panagale 959 or ducati in general?

I did get a rear set for a ktm 390 duke off of aliexpress a year ago and was quite satisfied with it. It was heavy and well machined I thought. Definitely not the quality of the rizoma stuff i've seen around shops but a fraction of the cost.

thanks
Check out - Rubber Side Up - Used Motorcycle Parts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Progrip 717 grips, found on the Superleggera and are a great upgrade on my bike, are around $17... I am not sure how much you are looking to save on those with aliexpress.com

As for levers and rearsets, it is a mixed bag as there are some folks whom have installed them with success, while others have had parts snap from poor quality control.

I can appreciate that not everyone has deep pockets to make expensive modifications after having purchased a costly bike to maintain and repair, but not everything has to be upgraded at once. Many bikes remain stock for brief periods of time as more and more gets swapped out over time and the OEM parts are not bad, but just really leave some room for improvement.

I would personally recommend just holding off and contributing a little more to the upgrade bucket over time and wait to purchase the items that you have confidence in and will look great on the bike.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
@Albert Monson
Hi Albert, I echo what @sinjin wrote above. Moreover, I would stay away from Aliexpress for any bike parts which are structurally strategic such as brake levers. The stock ones have tight fit tolerances and high quality. However, should you require short levers then don't cut corners here and buy quality ones as your life may depend on them.

For future reference, the only other observation which may be of use to you and anyone else feeling the price pinch when buying a vehicle is to always budget an extra 10% to be used for essential accessories, gear, upgrades and/or repairs.

Reactions: sinjin
1 - 5 of 5 Posts