Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really hate riding a bike with virtually no storage whatsoever, since I feel naked without at minimum a couple of tools, tire patch kit, tire gauge, and little first aid kit. Has anyone come up with any small luggage solutions for the 959? I don't think I want a tankbag, but I like the way the Ducati Performance tail bag looks in the pics. I had something similar (probably smaller) on my 1098, that wrapped around the passenger seat, and this looks similar.

On my other sportbike, a BMW HP2 Sport, I've got a Bagster tank cover with an expandable tank bag that snaps to it, and that has worked really well. I've got the matte white 959 though, and I don't think the matte paint is going to hold up to a tank cover.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Have you considered a Kreiga waistpack? I use one occasionally, they're very comfortable, waterproof and would fit all those items you listed above. You wouldn't have to fiddle around clipping it on/off the bike on each ride either:

R3 Waistpack - Kriega

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have a Kreiga US-20 tail bag. I also have a US-10 that I can strap on the top of it but I've only used it a few times when riding for an overnight somewhere.

·
Registered
91 Posts
On my previous bike (a CBR) I used to mount a small bag over the tail cowl but it looked pug ugly. With the 959 I really did not want to spoil the beautiful looks so now I always wear a good back pack with puncture kit, tools, owners manual and other stuff I take to work.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
@R1CH4RD - that looks pretty trick! IF I was going to put luggage on, it'd probably be that!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That system looks pretty great! I just looked at the installation instructions and they look very to install on a 959. The Revzilla review said that some bikes could take as long as 1.5 hours, but it couldn't take more than 20 minutes to install the bracket on the 959. I'll probably order this setup.

·
Registered
150 Posts
The bike is too sexy for luggage.

Personally, I'd just get a backpack. You can carry anything you want, they are a lot cheaper, and it doesn't **** up the look of the bike. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you order these and did they fit the 959?

That system looks pretty great! I just looked at the installation instructions and they look very to install on a 959. The Revzilla review said that some bikes could take as long as 1.5 hours, but it couldn't take more than 20 minutes to install the bracket on the 959. I'll probably order this setup.

·
Registered
68 Posts
The bike is too sexy for luggage.

Personally, I'd just get a backpack. You can carry anything you want, they are a lot cheaper, and it doesn't **** up the look of the bike. :)
I must say: totally agree with this.
Get a backpack or - if you really have to - use the Kriega US-20 or US-10. These bags strap pretty good on the back, at least on my CBR they did. Didn't really try on the Panigale yet since I just got it :)

·
Registered
110 Posts
I strapped a Kreiga 5L (the smallest) on the passenger seat. Looks good and doesn't mess with the lines of the bike. I don't use the front pouch opening- just the zipper on top. This way I never unstrap the bag, but still have room for shades, cell, keys, and some other misc things like ear plugs etc.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I was looking at those bags too. I would only use them for a long trip, not a weekend ride. Very slick, does anyone else have them?
I do, and I run them w/a 20L Kriega on top for long trips

more pics here: Out West Trip 8-2016 by J P | Photobucket

I strapped a Kreiga 5L (the smallest) on the passenger seat. Looks good and doesn't mess with the lines of the bike. I don't use the front pouch opening- just the zipper on top. This way I never unstrap the bag, but still have room for shades, cell, keys, and some other misc things like ear plugs etc.
same:

Reactions: MiamiJAG

·
Registered
204 Posts
Yes very handsome stead even with luggage. You've had a great time on that 899, thanks for the images.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I use a camelbak (its bloody hot in Australia) if enough to hold the wallet/mobile/multitool etc.

If im going somewhere longer or say to the track day, I picked up a new DP rear bag really cheap. Ive done a couple of over nite trips just using this combo.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts