Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
BrenTune got back to me and sent me 3 maps to play with, so I booked some dyno time for tomorrow and will be testing all 3 back to back and getting good power and AFR data. I will find out which map seems the best, and send them the results and they will do a final tweak based on the data that we come up with.

That should finish this process out. Hopefully we pick up a few ponies and smooth everything out, and if so, they will have that map for others who want to buy their box and flash their ECU.

Reactions: Pard

·
Registered
190 Posts
Is it possible to activate the blipper option with a brentune ?
Not that I know of, but you can ask them, Chris is usually pretty responsive...

Ok, back from the dyno. We ended up pretty happy with the tune. They sent me what they said was an OEM fuel map but with all of their tweaks, then a map that was a tad richer, and one that was a tad leaner. We didn't bother testing the richer map as we were already rich. We tried the leaner map and at WOT we saw better performance.

One thing to not, is that the bike is pretty lean under 7k RPM. We did disable the AIS, but my tuner believes that the issue is largely the fact that the stock exhaust doesn't let his probe go more than a few inches into the muffler. Like less than a foot. As a result, at lower RPM the exhaust pulses pull outside air back into the muffler between pulses... He sees that on other bikes where there is something about the exhaust that doesn't let him get the probe deep down in there.

Anyway, I will see what the BrenTune guys say about that after they have a chance to look at all the files I sent them yesterday.

Some things that I did like, was that the bike runs cooler. Instead of the fan coming on at 218 and shutting off when it gets down to 210 or whatever, it comes on at 200 and cools the bike down to 180 before turning off. I will need to get out and ride it and see how it feels, but the readings looked good on the dyno and my tuner said he would leave it alone at this point based on what he saw...

The two charts are the first BrenTune map versus the new one, which we tested back to back yesterday, and the differences are pretty big. And then there is a chart showing the new map versus stock, which is a nice little gain.

Attachments

·
Registered
190 Posts
Keep in mind that my bike is completely stock other than the air filter. I am sure with a slipon and appropriate tune, that I could get closer to or hit the 140hp mark.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello everyone!

Check us out at: Www.SLRTuning.com

We offer tuning services for all Ducati models with the option of our SLR handheld programmer or bench Ecu flash.

Here is a dyno ghragh of our latest 2020-2021 Ducati Panigale V2 Dyno ghragh Pump gas vs MR12

Here is a dyno gragh of our SLR Map vs the Upmap for the V4S.

Here is a dyno gragh of our SLR map vs the Upmap for the V4R.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts