Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting ready to start adjusting the suspension on my Corse and have been playing around with the Ohlins App. From the factory I'm measuring 23mm sag in the rear and 22 in the front. I'm about 185 lbs without gear and the current setting is pretty stiff (especially the rear). I've adjusted the rebound and compression to the comfort settings but that's all I've done so far. The bike is only used on country roads out here in Texas and will probably never see a track day (not not in the next couple months anyway). Below I've listed the recommended sag settings from the APP for the 959 Corse. I understand this is a track bike and I'll have to give up ride comfort for performance but I'm just looking for a middle ground here. On a side note I purchased the Motool Slacker so I can set this up myself and it's a pretty nice little tool. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Low riding position: 32mm rear and 49mm front
Medium riding position: 28mm rear and 42mm front
High riding position: 24mm rear and 35mm front

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm trying to increase the front and it isn't moving much. The rear was no problem but I can't get more than 28mm out of the front even after I totally loosen off the preload. With the preload 100% clockwise I'm getting about 22 and fully counter clockwise I'm getting 28. Anyone have any ideas/suggestions?

·
Registered
97 Posts
I don’t use the ohlins ap but I did get my suspension right. Mine was stiff as fu*# from the factory, tooth chipping tight over bumps, it was unbearable. I took it to my local suspension guru and for 40 bucks he hooked me right up. It’s actually a good stock suspension it just needed set up for me. I had him set it for aggressive street riding and he nailed it. I may have to add a click or two of compression if I take it to a track, or maybe not, I doubt I would be fast enough to warrant it. Suspension frustrates me, I’m not good at it and I end up overthinking it. Better for me to let the pro do it and get it out of my head. Good luck, you should be able to get it right depending on your size. I’m 6’ 185 lbs without gear and mine is great.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Good starting point is 40mm front and 30 mm rear rider sag

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok just in case someone is watching this thread I thought I'd update it. I talked with Ohlins and they said I needed to really pick the bike up due to the top out spring. They told me if I didn't top it out then I wasn't getting the correct numbers. I can't pick the bike up myself but I laid it over on the kick stand with the Motool Slacker on it and I was able to get 42mm in the front and 36 in the rear. I plan on bringing the rear up to 28 but after a 130 mile ride in the Texas heat it's going to be a project for tomorrow. I'm thinking that I'm still not at full length because if I try to gauge the 120mm full travel then the fork tube would be almost bottomed out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts