Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
My servicing/ oil change light is about to come on in another 200 miles (approaching 7500 miles). The thing is that I had the oil change done before I stored by bike last winter (I was at ~ 4000 miles at that time). I am wondering if I can just ride out this season with the oil light on (or have it reset by my dealer) and have the oil change done at the end of this year’s riding season? Is there any other maintenance done at 7000 miles except for oil change?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hi guys,
My servicing/ oil change light is about to come on in another 200 miles (approaching 7500 miles). The thing is that I had the oil change done before I stored by bike last winter (I was at ~ 4000 miles at that time). I am wondering if I can just ride out this season with the oil light on (or have it reset by my dealer) and have the oil change done at the end of this year’s riding season? Is there any other maintenance done at 7000 miles except for oil change?
Personally I would never let my bike anywhere near 7,000 miles for oil changes. I have 3,400 miles on my bike and I am on my 3rd oil change. First was done at 730, second at 1800, third done at 3125. I also track my bike too so it sees higher temps and higher revs than you would see on the street for longer durations. I have spoken with the dealerships and they said 3,000 is a good rule of thumb. Oil changes are $100, cheap insurance if you ask me.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks @Pard. I guess it’s more than just an oil change.. I’ll take the bike to my dealer and ask what they say. It would suck to have a service and oil change now and then another oil change in 3 months time before the bike goes back into hibernation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
592 Posts
Thanks @Pard. I guess it’s more than just an oil change.. I’ll take the bike to my dealer and ask what they say. It would suck to have a service and oil change now and then another oil change in 3 months time before the bike goes back into hibernation.

Oil changes are easy enough to do yourself. Link to oil change kit below.

Plenty of good videos out there.

Have the 7500 service done before next season if it is borderline.

https://www.ducatiomaha.com/products/ducati-oem-oil-change-kit-manufacturer-recommended

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
Personally I would never let my bike anywhere near 7,000 miles for oil changes. I have 3,400 miles on my bike and I am on my 3rd oil change. First was done at 730, second at 1800, third done at 3125. I also track my bike too so it sees higher temps and higher revs than you would see on the street for longer durations. I have spoken with the dealerships and they said 3,000 is a good rule of thumb. Oil changes are $100, cheap insurance if you ask me.

2500 miles between oil changes for me, I'd never personally go 7500 miles.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Went to my dealer this morning.. after speaking to the guys there and the amount of mileage I expect to put for rest of the season, I am going to get the oil change at the end of the season and also get new tires.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Service manual states these will be done at 7500 miles:
  • Change engine oil and filter
  • Clean air filter

Plus 27 other checks which if the dealer finds anything out of spec, will charge you to adjust it. If you have the ability to, just do it all yourself (including service light reset).

Reactions: Pard
1 - 9 of 9 Posts