Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just looking to find out if any one have installed a set of ASV levers on their 959? I want to change out my levers for shorties but just want to make sure that they will work. I had a set on my 848 and loved them. Also I saw that Revzilla now sells them for our bike but for some reason it doesn't list our bike in the ASV site.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just installed them, both shortys, and the fourth bike I've used ASV's on. Great quality as always but for the first time ever, I will be installing the long on the clutch side. The shorty is a true two finger lever in this application and I find my gloves bumping the high beam switch. The long is still shorter than the stock lever so a good compromise I believe. It should be here next week and I'll know for sure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
439 Posts
Unless you are set on a shorty for the clutch, I would recommend a standard as well. I have the CRG carbon fiber levers and have found that typically aftermarket levers are not as long as OEM in standard sizes.

The Panigale clutch is very stiff and unless you have an aftermarket slave, you may find that it becomes a nuisance with just two fingers, especially if ridden on the street.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just installed them, both shortys, and the fourth bike I've used ASV's on. Great quality as always but for the first time ever, I will be installing the long on the clutch side. The shorty is a true two finger lever in this application and I find my gloves bumping the high beam switch. The long is still shorter than the stock lever so a good compromise I believe. It should be here next week and I'll know for sure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Nice, what color combination did you get for your levers…Any pics??? (on or off bike)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I find just the opposite to be true. I'm shocked at how easy it is to pull in. 33 years of sportbikes from all makers and this is the easiest so far.
Same for me...

·
Registered
439 Posts
I stand corrected, then. The 959 must require much less effort. In fact, when my dealer initially thought that my clutch slave seals had gone, I was offered the option to have it warranty replaced with an aftermarket unit and keep the OEM part NIB and just buy the part with the labor being covered by the failure. Historically, the levers for this bike have been offered in standard / shorty combo kits with the CNC, Oberon, and Ducabike slaves being popular upgrades to reduce the pull.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
I have Pazzo Short levers on both the Panigale and the Monster. Effortless two finger clutching. Great quality and price.
Photo's are published in my garage for those interested.

·
Super Moderator
1,276 Posts
I have Pazzo Short levers on both the Panigale and the Monster. Effortless two finger clutching. Great quality and price.
Photo's are published in my garage for those interested.
I agree. The Pazzo's are one of the best values as far as aftermarket levers are concerned.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
@dougo1199
You're responsible for steering me to those way back when. I'm really glad you did. I also have a pair on my wife's "Thumper" her CBR300R. One thing we have not discussed is that these Pazzo Short's have a big ball end that anchors your middle finger extremely well. No chance of slippage.

Reactions: dougo1199

·
Registered
15 Posts
Well I bought the standard length black and red levers. I regretted the color choice the moment I opened the package. the red shade is way off than the bike's red! unless you've got the white 959. other than that, it's really good overall.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Well I bought the standard length black and red levers. I regretted the color choice the moment I opened the package. the red shade is way off than the bike's red! unless you've got the white 959. other than that, it's really good overall.
Shame they don't match, but Ducati red is pretty unique.

I wanted the red Rizoma reservoirs, but the other thing I was cautioned about was that the color fades with time due to the sunlight and the only reliable shade is black.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I just fitted a pair of shorty ASV levers, but I'm a little disappointed, not in the quality as that is impeccable.
I'm a bit pissed that they quote shorties being 30mm shorter, in this case they are 57mm shorter than OEM, really not happy about it.
As has been mentioned, clutch side is a pretty big issue. I've resorted to moving the clutch perch closer to the grip, this means it's no longer mounted to the locating pin.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
@Cazzo - not good, I would return them. I definitely wouldn't ride without the switch assembly pin in the hole, unless you've drilled another hole of course.

·
Registered
63 Posts
@Dingo, unfortunately I bought them second hand but they'd never been fitted if that make sense. I can't see the locating pin as being much of an issue.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Just looking to find out if any one have installed a set of ASV levers on their 959? I want to change out my levers for shorties but just want to make sure that they will work. I had a set on my 848 and loved them. Also I saw that Revzilla now sells them for our bike but for some reason it doesn't list our bike in the ASV site.
Just installed a pair last night actually. ASV C5s / Standard length Clutch + Brake. The part numbers are BRC550K & CRC550K. Took 5 min tops. The only part that might take a second is the push pin on the brake side but when you collapse the little "boot" you'll find it easy to angle jam it in there. Definitely an awesome upgrade, these levers are the ish.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts