Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright everything works like it should, the wiring was simple like I had thought. Tuneboy and any Ducati 3 wire shifter will work. You may have to exchange the shiftrod off of your 959 sensor if you get a V4 sensor, the rod is a little longer than on our 959 shifter.
Use the 5v coming off of the 959 DQS harness for power, and use the black and gray wires off of the front o2 sensor. The black wire is your signal wire, that should read 2.5v when not shifting. The gray wire is sensor ground. Stay away from the white wires on the o2 sensor, those are 12v wires. Any questions about details I'll be happy to answer.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Brilliant! Thanks
Is the 3 wire module a straight swap for the existing 959 module or do you need a later rod too?
I'm not sure what you mean by "straight swap"? I was able to use the V4 module and rod at its shortest length, but I have Driven rearsets set to GP shift. The rods just screw off and on fairly easy, if it doesn't work out just swap them. I assume a 1299 or V2 shifter will be a straight swap for sure as far as length goes. I got my shifter off ebay for less than $100 usd, there seem to be more V4 shifters on there than 1299 or V2. Just get whatever you can get for cheap. And this will help you wire it in without cutting the shifter wires. Genuine Ducati Panigale 1199, 1299 3-way Connector For Gear Position Sensor | eBay

Registered
Sorry, new to this forum and tried searching for more info on this but didn't find anything specific.

What Tuneboy do you need? When looking at Tuneboy website I only see options for their QS package that appears to come with their sensor and rod etc.which would negate the need for Duc 3 wire.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry, new to this forum and tried searching for more info on this but didn't find anything specific.

What Tuneboy do you need? When looking at Tuneboy website I only see options for their QS package that appears to come with their sensor and rod etc.which would negate the need for Duc 3 wire.
I went with Tuneboy wifi kit tuning only, its under "starter kits" with an "add to cart" button. If you want cruise control, you can go with a tune and cruise option. If you want to go with the Tuneboy plug-N-play quick shifter that is great. I didn't want to do that for an extra $358 USD and went with the factory Ducati shifter for around $100. Lot's of people with deep pockets own Panigales and don't mind spending $1000 on a Rapid Bike (Italian Power Commander) setup that does less than Tuneboy or a Blip box that just does down shift. "Tuning only" is $285 plus $100-$150 for a stock 3 wire quick shifter will get you full tuning and auto-blip if you can wire it in yourself, not everybody wants to do that. That's what this thread is all about, getting the best bang for your buck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts