Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, long-time lurker. I bought some nice shiny Puig red bar ends but they don't fit! (I can't post links either obviously as it'll look like I'm selling). Basically if you google "Puig Handlebar Ends Puig Ducati 959 Panigale 16-17 short red" they're the second picture. Look at how small the screws bits are.

Basically I have two questions:

1) Should these 'small screwed' bar ends actually fit on the 959? I lost a bar and bar end a while back and replaced it with a slightly cheaper one. When I look inside, it's just a big hole and these bar ends won't fit into it. Basically, do I have the wrong bar on then and they will actually fit on a proper 959 bar (on the other non-broken side), or will they actually not fit period?

2) If they're crap bar ends, anyone have any other suggestions for red anodised bar ends?

·
Registered
892 Posts
If you're referring to: https://puig.tv/en/tuning-motos/bar-ends/bar-ends-shorts?bike=12273#responsivetab2

Yep, those M6/M8 bolts definitely won't fit. I was looking around their site and their catalog to see if they had the expanding sleeve nut type fastener adapter, but couldn't find anything similar to:

The inside of the OEM bar is threaded for a giant 15-20mm bolt, but you could find any other one with the expander nut to fit universally.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply! So from what I gather from your response:

- The bar end is either M6 or M8 (and I can find this out from customer service)
- The OEM bar is somewhere between 15-20mm (how can I get the exact diameter - any spec sheet?)

Looking on eGay but can't find anything that satisfies M6 and 20mm yet.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Looking more into the size, here's the Kyle Racing ones with the 16mm spec called out: Titanium bar end weight with CRG Groove for Ducati Panigale

Honestly its weird that the Puig one doesn't have the universal adapter for inner bar fastening. Almost every single other one has it, or is specifically threaded to fit in the OEM threads.

Sorry I couldn't be more help to the details, I'd recommend just finding a set that has the sort of universal, expanding fastener that fixes to in ID of the clip-ons or asking Puig if they have something similar.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So a 16mm bar end adapter for M6 screws. Thanks for the replies. If I can't sort these I'll just get a new pair. I've sent Puig an email about the adapter so let's see what they come back with (they're away from 4th Aug until 4th Sept though, so perfect timing!)..

I found the2wheels(DOT)com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=280 and, although it says for Yamaha, the numbers fit. Worth a shot?

·
487 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts