Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all

I may be making the move to Ohio. Who is the best mechanic in Ohio that would be able to the desmo service? I don’t know who I can trust. I’m fortunate here in Las Vegas. I have Irish Mike who has over 30 years experience. On these bikes. I want someone similar in Ohio. If your in Vegas trust your baby with him he’s much better than the dealer here. Thank you for your help.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I live in Ohio and have my service done at Motohio. It’s a smaller shop near Columbus that deals with Ducati, BMW and Triumph. The mechanic I deal with there is very knowledgable and knows his stuff. I trust him with my bike. It’s definitely worth checking out. As far as Ducati shops go in Ohio (at least in the Columbus area) there’s only two I know of and personally I haven’t had good experiences at the other shop. Indianapolis isn’t too far either and I’ve heard pretty good things about them, but don’t have any personal experience there. Hope this helps a bit.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you
All I found was
Motohio
Ride 1 Powersports
Pony Powersports

Thanks CJHicks
Motohio is one of the ones I was thinking of so I’m glad you have some positive things to say. Have you had to have your valve done yet? What did they charge?

Does anyone know if there are any stand alone guys that have 20+ years on Ducati’s?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I haven’t put enough miles on mine for the Desmo service yet. Unfortunately you’ll see there’s a much shorter riding season In Ohio than in Vegas. I’m taking my bike to Motohio actually in a couple of weeks. I can ask for a quote on the Desmo service while I’m there and let you know.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Commonwealth Ducati sells MV Agusta and Triumph too very good. They are in Louisville KY 2 hrs from Cincinnati. Chad good 30 year experience

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice. The only problem with that is I don’t have any storage on my bike. I wouldn’t have enough room for bourbon and I simply can’t just leave Kentucky with out some. ;)

·
Registered
83 Posts
+1 for Motohio. Bought my 848 and 959 from them. Only worked I had done was have them install a slipper clutch on my 848. Price was reasonable and done on time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts