Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,

So this has happened to me TWICE. The first time, I stopped at a gas station with some friends after riding for about an hour and a half through streets.
We chilled for about 15 minutes, then we took off. I did Not fill up gas. After about a mile of driving, the bike just turned off out of nowhere.
I had to pull over and restart the bike. It started and had no issues until yesterday. This was about 3 weeks ago by the way. So, yesterday, after riding for about an hour in the city,
I stopped at a shopping center, when I started to leave the bike started to struggle in 1st gear while idling. The RPMs were pretty low, around the 1000's, and looked like they were struggling.
Then after riding for about 500 feet, the bike turned off. I had to once again pull over and restart the bike. After that, the RPM's stayed low while riding, then the bike just went back to normal.
Any suggestions ? Appreciate any help.

Im taking the bike in asap. Ill update once the dealer gets back to me.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
update

Took my bike to the dealer. Turns out the Exhaust Valve is stuck open. Getting it taken care of under warranty. Ill update when its done. :smile2:

·
Registered
38 Posts
the exaust valve of the cylinder? or the the emissions control valve? I unplugged the latter valve on my bike to leave it open, so it stays loud and doesn't restrict through the power band at all :p doesn't kill the bike whatsoever. So idk what the dealer is telling you if that is it. When ive had similar problems with bikes dying in the past or running really rough randomly on and off, it was due to lose battery leads. might want to check that.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Hey guys,

So this has happened to me TWICE. The first time, I stopped at a gas station with some friends after riding for about an hour and a half through streets.
We chilled for about 15 minutes, then we took off. I did Not fill up gas. After about a mile of driving, the bike just turned off out of nowhere.
I had to pull over and restart the bike. It started and had no issues until yesterday. This was about 3 weeks ago by the way. So, yesterday, after riding for about an hour in the city,
I stopped at a shopping center, when I started to leave the bike started to struggle in 1st gear while idling. The RPMs were pretty low, around the 1000's, and looked like they were struggling.
Then after riding for about 500 feet, the bike turned off. I had to once again pull over and restart the bike. After that, the RPM's stayed low while riding, then the bike just went back to normal.
Any suggestions ? Appreciate any help.

Im taking the bike in asap. Ill update once the dealer gets back to me.

Funny you mention that because my bike lost power as soon as I took the first turn from my dealer when I picked her up! I was approaching a red light so did a quick downshift and the next thing I notice is my engine is dead. I was fortunate that it didn't happen on the interstate.
Anyway, that was the only time it has happened to me and I guess it was my fault (messed up the shift).
Thanks for sharing your experience. I learn something new every time I am at the forum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The exhaust flapper valve is what I'm talking about. The dealer didn't definitely say the flapper valve is the cause, but they said it could be.
I'll update after a couple of miles after its fixed. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
892 Posts
That sounds off.

I, with probably many other owners, have disconnected the flapper (via servo motor or cable) with no problems. I don't even get a CEL.

That sounds more like an ECU or fueling problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts