Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Goodday,

Picked up my brandnew 959 last week, coming from a 2015 899.

Question:

I would like to add clutchless downshifting to the 959. Blipbox pro seems suitable.
The blipbox pro documentation say that "to activate the blipper the rpm must be above 4600 rpm"

As i mainly ride on the street it seems pretty useless to install a blipper that does not work under 4600rpm.

Can anyone that have this installed confirm this ? Are adittional settings available to adjust the lowest blip rpm to 2000rpm ?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
592 Posts
Goodday,

Picked up my brandnew 959 last week, coming from a 2015 899.

Question:

I would like to add clutchless downshifting to the 959. Blipbox pro seems suitable.
The blipbox pro documentation say that "to activate the blipper the rpm must be above 4600 rpm"

As i mainly ride on the street it seems pretty useless to install a blipper that does not work under 4600rpm.

Can anyone that have this installed confirm this ? Are adittional settings available to adjust the lowest blip rpm to 2000rpm ?

Thanks in advance!
Not 100% sure but pretty certain that the blip box cannot be adjusted for shifting below the baseline RPM. Give them a shout at Blip Box via email to confirm. Excellent customer service.

I installed the blip box on my bike, and I love it, but it is only helpful when you shift at higher RPMs, and are riding sufficiently aggressively where not attending to a small clutch lever squeeze makes a difference, such as perhaps really late braking and downshifting into corners at high speed, or upshifting while bike leaned over and body position leaned off the bike coming out of a corner.

There is no reason to install it for general street riding applications, IMHO.

It was designed for the track.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Similarly to how the quick upshift feels bogged down at low RPMs, so will downshifts, but mostly because its tuned for use in higher RPMs. I can't seem to find the thread on here, but there were individuals who were tuning their quickshifter downshifts (was it blip box, rapidbike, tuneboy, woolich, etc? don't remember) to help get it dialed in better across the whole rev range - you may have a path forward with getting it setup for lower RPM QS upshifts depending on the ECU mod.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply's!

However they don't [yet] answer my question:wink2::
Can the Blipbox Pro minimum blip rpm adjjusted to 2000rpm instead of the default 4600rpm?

I ran a tuneboy setup on my previous 899 and spent some time to program the autoblipper with very satisfying results. Also i find the autoblipper very useful in street riding, but the autoblip must be capable of downshifting @ 2000rpm. If thats not possible the Blipbox Pro is useless fot my purposes. So all i need to know if there is a capability to adjust the Min blip rpm in the winblip software. Someone who has installed this kit might be able to tell me?

If not, i'll have to go the tuneboy route.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts