Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ayo everybody! I am new to the forum and also the ducati world. I just got the 959, obvi, and its bad ***. I am looking into getting the blip box for clutchless downshifting. Does anyone know how these work or have any opinion of them. I know they cost a thousand dollars. Do they void Warranty? from what I have found they don't but not sure. I could always ask dealer about that, i guess. Anyway I am just curious about feedback about them. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
I am looking into getting the blip box for clutchless downshifting. Does anyone know how these work or have any opinion of them. I know they cost a thousand dollars.
For what this is worth, I can comment about the 2017 Monster 1200S's quickshifter which has both the up and down feature.
I felt the clutch-less down-shift was clunky and more bothersome as you still had to completely close the throttle for it to engage. For me, that's six or a half-dozen as you're trading-off using the clutch for the throttle. Consequently, I don't feel the need to use it considering it's just as fast if not faster and more reassuring using the clutch and rev-matching the throttle. This is a personal opinion but I wouldn't pay to buy that feature and certainly not for $1000 which would be better served elsewhere.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts