Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone in here run braided lines for their bike?
I may need to just flush my brake lines, but my last track day I noticed brake fade after my 3rd lap out.
I have been getting faster and faster this year and may need to convert over to braided lines.
The bike also has had 19 track days 0:)

·
Registered
363 Posts
Does anyone in here run braided lines for their bike?
I may need to just flush my brake lines, but my last track day I noticed brake fade after my 3rd lap out.
I have been getting faster and faster this year and may need to convert over to braided lines.
The bike also has had 19 track days 0:)
The stock lines are braided, they're just in rubber housing. The lines are all panis are more than enough, if you need more performance out for brakes consider:
1- Pads
2- MAster Cylinder
3- Calipers
4- Rotors

In order of biggest difference made and sort of $$
I currently have Brembo billet racing masters with stock calipers and rotors. the masters are a HUGE upgrade. When I do my full track conversion I will be throwing SBS HS pads on and I am considering Brembo GP4-RX calipers and new rotors. Will probably just see how the new pads are and go from there. Of course if you go down the route of rotors/calipers you might as well throw steel braided lines on as well...

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
here is a good thread to read through, Jarel from Ducati Omaha (big track guy) is where I am pulling info from above essentially.

Brake upgrade. - Ducati Forum
Thanks Karl,

I must need new oil, I can feel a difference in breaking pressure as I run laps. By my 4th lap I and squeezing the brakes pretty **** hard.

I have recently replaced the pads, I am not that impressed by them. I will probably be switching them out soon. I felt the OEM pads did a pretty good job. Thanks for the quick tips, I will dive into the thread and do some research.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Thanks Karl,

I must need new oil, I can feel a difference in breaking pressure as I run laps. By my 4th lap I and squeezing the brakes pretty **** hard.

I have recently replaced the pads, I am not that impressed by them. I will probably be switching them out soon. I felt the OEM pads did a pretty good job. Thanks for the quick tips, I will dive into the thread and do some research.
What pads?

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Just m2c on brake pads:
Racing brake pads are a bit like racing tires which only work as designed when hot.
Consequently, they're usually not the best for a street bike. They'll also wear a lot faster.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
I recall @dougo1199 posting a considerable amount of info about brakes in multiple threads.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts