Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
556 Posts
I vaguely recall seeing m40s come up as cross-compatible with the stock compatible lines I was browsing a while back. I'll try and find that info.

·
Super Moderator
1,276 Posts
I can't imagine them not working with the stock lines.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Forgive me for my lack of knowledge, but aren't those just an identical replacement for the OEM Brembo M4s?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Forgive me for my lack of knowledge, but aren't those just an identical replacement for the OEM Brembo M4s?
No. these are the same as a 1098/1198 brake calipers. Definitely an upgrade and they have a much wider choice of pads. Brembo offers this as a kit for the 899/959 and I'm curious that it fits without any different brake lines

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
If you're paying the coin for those you mind as well replace the stock lines with better ones... I'm saving up!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Who makes lines for this bike? The factory lines are already braided so why replace them if not needed?

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
they're typical cheap cast fittings, my fronts are starting to fade already... any custom lines you can have made if you measure the length ;)

·
Registered
118 Posts
the Monoblocs M4 form the 1098s/R are best replacement, then you dont need to swap out MC or hoses as if you do the 1299 M50 swap.
The OEM lines are pretty good. Theres no need to upgrade unless your doing a ABS bypass. This isnt like the Jap bikes "rubber" hoses.

Just good pads & fluid is more than enough for this bike unless you tracking it.

·
Super Moderator
556 Posts
Qd lines are an upgrade

·
Super Moderator
556 Posts
+1 on fluid

1 - 11 of 11 Posts