Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

Has anyone tried Bridgestone V02 slicks on a 959 or a 899? Sizes seem odd 120/600 and 200/655 but if you look at the dimension they aren't that different from Pirelli Supercorsa SC's. And Bridgestone say they are ok on 5.5 rim.

Pirelli Supercorsa SC
Front 120/70, diameter: 600mm, width: 119mm
Rear 180/60, diameter: 656mm, width: 193mm

Bridgestone V02
Front 120/600, diameter: 603mm, width: 117mm
Rear 200/655, diameter: 655mm, width: 194mm

Does the swingarm have enough clearance? Can you fit a tire warmer there also?

Thanks!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Actually Supercorsa is 180/55.
One of my friends have already used 200/55 Supercorsa on a daytona 675, which is 180/55, and he didnt have problem, the only issue was he wasnt able to reach tire´s edge.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Actually Supercorsa is 180/55.
One of my friends have already used 200/55 Supercorsa on a daytona 675, which is 180/55, and he didnt have problem, the only issue was he wasnt able to reach tire´s edge.
That's interesting because until recently, I had Supercorsa's on both bikes. 180/60 on the Panigale and 200/55 on the Monster. I was able to use the whole tire on the Monster's 200/55 but I still have about 1/4~1/2 inch chicken strip left on the Panigale's 180/60.

·
Registered
182 Posts
That's interesting because until recently, I had Supercorsa's on both bikes. 180/60 on the Panigale and 200/55 on the Monster. I was able to use the whole tire on the Monster's 200/55 but I still have about 1/4~1/2 inch chicken strip left on the Panigale's 180/60.
As Panigale uses 180 as OEM, those chicken stripes may be the rider limitation, mine is 1 1/2 inch LOL.
I thought we only had Supercorsa 180/55. At least here in Brazil we only use 180/55, I have never seen 180/60.

And I forgot to mention, we dont´t have Racing Batllax V02 here in Brazil, so I don't know anyone who has ridden with them.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
The Panigale comes stock with 180/60 Rosso Corsa's.
I've replace them with same size Supercorsa's. I'll be going back to Rosso Corsas around July.

·
Registered
182 Posts
The Panigale comes stock with 180/60 Rosso Corsa's.
Yup, I meant the OEM measure.
Now I am intrigued, as soon as I get home, I will take a look to my rear tire, because I think it is 180/55, not 180/60. I will let you guys know for sure.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
For you guys out there, I'd think twice about replacing the oem's Rosso Corsa's with Supercorsa's.
The SC are a dot approved track tires. They're not worth the cost if you track only a few days per year.
You'll wear most of them before hitting the track as they just don't last. I replaced the Monster's SC with Rosso III as I was taking chucks off the SC's rear tire just with the torque. That didn't happen on the Panigale but they do wear a lot faster than the RC's.
Moreover and most important for me is that the Supercorsa's suck in colder weather (and probably just as bad on wet roads).

·
Registered
182 Posts
From where I heard, you are not supposed to use Supercorsa com wet roads above 95 km/h
On your Monster, depending on your launches, it shouldn't last much more than 1000 km.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
From where I heard, you are not supposed to use Supercorsa com wet roads above 95 km/h
On your Monster, depending on your launches, it shouldn't last much more than 1000 km.
I agree with that 100% although I don't ride in the rain with the Panigale, I could get caught on wet roads with the Monster which is why I'm now using Rosso III on this bike. The cold is a bigger issue for me on both bikes when riding late in the season.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
As Panigale uses 180 as OEM, those chicken stripes may be the rider limitation, mine is 1 1/2 inch LOL.
I thought we only had Supercorsa 180/55. At least here in Brazil we only use 180/55, I have never seen 180/60.
I think the 180/60 is actually bigger than the 200/55. I can't use the whole tire on the 180/60 as you can see by the screenshot.
The Supercorsa was relatively new on the left and about what they are now on the right. I can't get any lower unless I go to the track which I have yet to do.

Attachments

·
Registered
182 Posts
Oh, I thought you had gone to the track with her. So the chicken stripes is already too small considering you only have used it on roads, which have different tarmac surface and different grip level. On the track you would have gone to the edge.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Nice. I didn't know that. I will just make sure mine is 180/55 as I said, because I don't remember seen 180/60 as I said.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Nice. I didn't know that. I will just make sure mine is 180/55 as I said, because I don't remember seen 180/60 as I said.
The 55 is smaller than OEM. You should stick with 180/60.

Reactions: Forewarned

·
Registered
182 Posts
I will let you guys know which one is mine, because it is OEM.
I am this close calling my wife and ask her to lift the cover and take a picture from the rear tire, only wont do that because I know she will be cursing me the rest of the day.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Lol

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
I got a year and 2 track days out of my Supercorsas - still ok for the street

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
When the SC's go, it happens fast. How fast?
On the Monster, the rear tire looked fine in the morning and had a big visible thread cord showing in the afternoon.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I got a year and 2 track days out of my Supercorsas - still ok for the street

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It depends on how much torque you are applying to the rear tire. I have used a Supercorsa for 10.000km on a Daytona 675 on the first year, and then I started using for trackday, and it was lasting not more than 2000km.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts