1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Super Moderator
556 Posts
****. I'll have a look and report back.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Front tire rubbing on the bodywork, I wonder whether it is a single case or a general problem
There's a "lower fairing rubbed" thread already with same problem you have described. Obviously and unfortunately this is not an isolated instance.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Front tire rubbing on the bodywork, I wonder whether it is a single case or a general problem
Can you take a picture of your steering head - how far do the tops of your shocks stick out above it?
Also, measure from the bottom of the Triple Clamp to the bottom of the fork tube.

I have 3 rings above and I'll measure my fork tube and report back.

I'm suspecting your fork tube might not be installed optimally.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Can't edit my post... :frown2:

The top of the fork is at the last line on the Steering Head, sorry there are no rings above on my bike.

6-11/16" is the distance from the bottom of my Triple Clamp to the bottom of the fork tube, not including the seal.

I'll take pics if necessary - hope this helps.

Something definitely isn't right if your tire is rubbing... :surprise:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes please add pics, it will be helpful. I have first service soon (600 km already) then i will talk with dealer about this issue. Maybe with ducati official also ;)

·
Registered
28 Posts
How much clearance do you have from the tire to the fairing at full lock? I have about 3/4" between the spot where its rubbing in your pic and the tire, and it looks that even with full compression I'd have about 1/2"...maybe a little less.

I also did the same measurement Dingo did and got 6 13/16. Curious what yours is.

·
Super Moderator
1,276 Posts
While installing my upgrades I can definitely see how that could happen with the bars turned about half way in either direction. Not much clearance there at that point. I've yet to ride mine so I can't comment on fork settings being the culprit. But baring it being a design clearance issue, my guess is your compression and / or preload are off. (too soft) Did you set your static or rider sag? Where are your compression clickers set? (in relation to full in or out)

·
Registered
143 Posts
No rubbing on mine. Like others have said, I think your suspension setting need to be adjusted for your weight and riding style.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
@rafi - how far do the tops of your shocks stick out above your steering head? I'm guessing they don't look like the picture I posted...
Also, how much do you weigh?

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
Checked last night and no rubbing here.

·
Registered
87 Posts
No rubbing on mine. Like others have said, I think your suspension setting need to be adjusted for your weight and riding style.

Where do you get this done at? I haven't touched any settings on my bike. I have wanted to though because it's too stiff for me, but I have yet to because I wouldn't know where to begin.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Where do you get this done at? I haven't touched any settings on my bike. I have wanted to though because it's too stiff for me, but I have yet to because I wouldn't know where to begin.
I'd go back to the dealership. They'll have you sit on the bike, adjust sag and things like that. You can ask them to soften the bike up a bit although I'd be somewhat carful not to go too far in that direction. You'll dramatically slow turn-in if you get too soft.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
@rafi - nice video... take another one showing the suspension from the wheel all the way to the steering head up top, nice and slow for us to see...

there's something wrong if your tire is that close to your fairing - I keep saying that, I know!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Just checked mine, no rubbing. Irrespective of suspension settings, it shouldn't foul on any part of the body. The only exception is under race conditions

·
Registered
10 Posts
That goes without saying (wheels shouldn't rub on anything except the tarmac, ever) but doesn't that YouTube video demonstrate how easy it was to load the front suspension (regardless of settings as you say) and touch the front fairing (looks like on full lock turn)? Can anyone replicate this with their bike? (I haven't taken ownership of mine yet.)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts