Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know whether adding downshifting functionality on the 959's DQS is simply a matter of software? Or is there additional hardware that would also be required?

Just feels like we are kind of getting the short end of the stick as the Supersport S and now 2018 Monster 821 both offer DQS +/-. Wondering if it could be a dealer-add via software flash one day.

·
Registered
215 Posts
doutbful, tuneboy can flash it and have a autoblipper work or you can get a blipbox pro for it. My new bike is a '16 R6 and translogic makes a up/down qs system for it that works like a dream

·
Registered
82 Posts
Does anyone know whether adding downshifting functionality on the 959's DQS is simply a matter of software? Or is there additional hardware that would also be required?

Just feels like we are kind of getting the short end of the stick as the Supersport S and now 2018 Monster 821 both offer DQS +/-. Wondering if it could be a dealer-add via software flash one day.
I wish...

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
@Curly I can't speak about the Panigale's DQS down-shift but I have tested the new Monster's Up/Down DQS. Personally, I didn't care for the clutch-less down-shift feature at all as you have to close the throttle for it to engage. Perhaps it wasn't broken-in or my lack of familiarity which both may improve the effectiveness but, who know?
I just find that rev-matching is much quicker.
Like @Rinzlr mentioned, it is available in the after-market if you really want it.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
from what I gathered @Angus1609 the blipbox does not actually shift the transmission, it only increases throttle during a down-shift... correct?

·
Registered
892 Posts
from what I gathered @Angus1609 the blipbox does not actually shift the transmission, it only increases throttle during a down-shift... correct?
As with any quick shifter (ie. blipbox), all it does is cut or add throttle based on what the shift linkage senses. If you don't put sufficient force into the lever (and the set thresholds are low/too fast), it might cut/add throttle but won't shift.

Drag racers use an air shifter, which supplements the shift lever and actually shifts the transmission automatically for consistency.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts