Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
It's not yet confirmed on any Ducati website that the Corse has a clutchless downshifting QS.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
It may not be on their homepage but Ducati engineers are very clear about this.
We know what some of the reviews wrote but that's not official. Please post your source from the Ducati engineers.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
I commented on this in another thread, the short answer is No it’s not that simple to implement on the 959.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,280 Posts
I believe the Corse edition has the QS up & down. The Pic below taken from my dealers FB page.

I agree, it would not be something you can add without a significant expense, if at all.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
1) We've seen this before. None of these posters have actually ridden it.
Even the AMS Dallas sales guy said the model he had for viewing was pre-production and not ridden.
Perhaps it will have an up-down QS, but one would think that Ducati would confirm such a feature which they have not yet done.
Until official confirmation, I remain cautiously optimistic.

2) About retro-portability
If it's anything like the new Monster's QS, then it's not portable as the electronics are completely different. I've looked into this first hand. Again, until official confirmation...

In the interim, the after-market products are your only solutions. On that note, RapidBike does make a new up/down QS accessory reasonably priced at around $400 for those that own their fuel controller.

Reactions: dougo1199

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Reactions: Headlside

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi, I picked up my Panigale 959 Corse on Saturday. It comes with DQS up AND down.

Regards Martin
Seriously? Your in the eu so we have the same model but I am not getting a consistent down shift at any rpm.

The only time it works is when I downshift immediately after coming off the throttle which is a little pointless. If I leave it a second or 2 it won’t down shift. It also does not blip.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Hi, I picked up my Panigale 959 Corse on Saturday. It comes with DQS up AND down. Regards Martin
Congratulation on your purchase. Your photo is also very nice.
Every modern bike with a slipper and ride by wire will downshift without the clutch to a certain extent. Both my current Panigale and Monster do as long as I don't have any torque applied. This does not mean it's built for that purpose.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hi, I picked up my Panigale 959 Corse on Saturday. It comes with DQS up AND down.

Regards Martin
Congrats on your new bike. Now, that you have ridden it, can you confirm the DQS? Does it blips? As far as I know from reading blogs and press releases, it does not have DQS for down, but you have it, I don't.
Let us know

·
Registered
892 Posts

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
The auto-blip is mandatory for a properly functioning clutch-less down shift as it needs to rev-match.
Without it, you would have to close the throttle which defeats the purpose as it's just as fast to stay on the gas and use the clutch.

The 2018 959 Corse is DQS Up only. This is well "undocumented" by Ducati.
The Corse has the same electronic package as every other and previous 959.
Differences are limited to: Paint, Ohlins and Li-ion battery. That's it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
DJ Shrug - Yes, I stand corrected. I actually physically proved that to myself during this morning's ride.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Well, does that mean that I can clutchlessly downshift on 959 when no throttle is applied? Without any long term damage?

The local dealer told me that 959 has only Up DQS. Whereas the SuperSport S has both Up and Down DQS. However, when you downshift (on SSS) the throttle must be closed (instructed by the local dealer and confirmed in practice).

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Always use the clutch and revmatch when downshifting.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts