Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a 2018 Supersport S a couple months ago and want to buy a 959 but I can't find anything cheaper than 18k out the door (for a white one). I see posts where people didn't pay freight or setup but the dealers I've been talking with add between 13-1600 dollars and they don't negotiate. The negotiating process seems to be quite a bit different than buying a car. Any suggestions on getting the dealer to budge on price. I'm actually leaning toward the Corse if I can get the price right.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
You must be in an area where people walk in and purchase without negotiation - a middle-class to upper-class, even wealthy area. Try and go further away and you might see the difference. There's always a deal to be made, but if you aren't walking into the store you might be doing yourself a disservice.

·
Registered
9 Posts
In Australia the dealers will not move on price on the Corse bike but they will on the Standard red or artic white bike. Good luck when you find one

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just came from from the dealer and so far they're not willing to budge on the price. It's the same dealer I bought my Supersport from a couple months ago. When I left I made them an offer on trading my SS in on the Corse and how much I'm willing to come out of pocket on. They said they'd get back with me in the next couple of hours. They have a white one also but the Corse just looks so sweet. If it's not in my range I may consider the white one if they're willing to work at all. Yes I live in a City that doesn't lack people with money to buy whatever they want without having to negotiate. In all honesty I can afford the price too but I'm also trying to save money if possible.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well the dealer called and it looks like if I trade my SS in I would have to come out of pocket $8900 on the Corse or $6900 on the white one. I want the Corse pretty bad but not sure if it's worth the cost. The additional fees like freight and dealer prep are the killers. The dealer is willing to give me $800 less than I paid for the SS not counting the additional fees. Anyway, something to think about today.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Are you new to riding? Why did you get the SS in the first place when it sits right next to a 959 on the Dealer floor...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm 55 and rode motocross since I was 8 up until about 10 years ago. I've only owned 3 street bikes before this and thought the aggressive seating angle would be bothersome but after buying a ninja 650 then the SS I feel like I want something a little more aggressive. The bike is only used on the weekends and mostly on back roads outside the city so I'm hoping it won't be an issue. The SS felt great at first (and still does) but I find myself wanting to have more forward lean and higher foot pegs. I thought about buying the new ZX6R and keeping the SS but I'd have to park one of my cars outside and that doesn't do it for me. I'm also kind of wondering out the matte paint scheme will hold up.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I bought my bike from Omaha and had it shipped, there are good deal s out there, shipping is around $400 to most places .

·
Registered
439 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok to make a long story short, I'm going to demo the 959 tomorrow and if it's what I'm hoping for it'll be a done deal. It doesn't seem like the price differs much in this area and I either want it or I don't. I appreciate the feedback from everyone.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts