Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gentlemen Pick up my 959 this Tuesday. This could be the longest 3 days of my life.
Trading in my 2015 Kawa ZX14R with 900 miles and plopping down some cash to ride off on a red 959.
Looking forward to contributing and sharing.
Peace guys

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
Welcome!

900 miles? That stings... Hope they give you a decent dollar on your trade.

The wait is super painful, I just kept working to keep my mind off it lol

Reactions: bucfan444

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
You're going to love the 959. I believe the zx14R is quite a bit heavier. What mods are you planning?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You're going to love the 959. I believe the zx14R is quite a bit heavier. What mods are you planning?
My ZX was almost 600 lbs wet weight...not exactly "flickable" through corners but it could catch pretty much anything on a straight patch of pavement. 190 hp is nothing to sneeze at.
Mods will be minimal on this bike.
Fender elim
Upgraded H11 bulbs
Ordered a Luimoto Ducati sear cover
Rear seat cowl
And a personalized plate "Veloce" (Italian for speed)

Of course what ever I see here on forum catches my eye will be added.

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
My ZX was almost 600 lbs wet weight...not exactly "flickable" through corners but it could catch pretty much anything on a straight patch of pavement. 190 hp is nothing to sneeze at.
Mods will be minimal on this bike.
Fender elim
Upgraded H11 bulbs
Ordered a Luimoto Ducati sear cover
Rear seat cowl
And a personalized plate "Veloce" (Italian for speed)

Of course what ever I see here on forum catches my eye will be added.
I know what you mean. My other bike is a Kawasaki Concours (680 pounds). It's great for long (multi-day) trips, carrying stuff in the saddle bags, and riding 2-up (my gf does NOT want to ride on the 959 again). And my Concours had a lot of power. But the 959 is so much more fun to ride and of course looks amazing.

Your list of mods is almost the same as mine. I don't have the seat cover. I've been considering the personalized license plate. Have you checked for the availability of "veloce" in your state? I just checked and it is NOT available in Washington state.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know what you mean. My other bike is a Kawasaki Concours (680 pounds). It's great for long (multi-day) trips, carrying stuff in the saddle bags, and riding 2-up (my gf does NOT want to ride on the 959 again). And my Concours had a lot of power. But the 959 is so much more fun to ride and of course looks amazing.

Your list of mods is almost the same as mine. I don't have the seat cover. I've been considering the personalized license plate. Have you checked for the availability of "veloce" in your state? I just checked and it is NOT available in Washington state.
Wasn't avail in Florida either as spelled so I substituted a "zero (0)" for the "o" in the word and it shows available. No one will realize the font change in one letter.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.