Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gentlemen Pick up my 959 this Tuesday. This could be the longest 3 days of my life.
Trading in my 2015 Kawa ZX14R with 900 miles and plopping down some cash to ride off on a red 959.
Looking forward to contributing and sharing.
Peace guys

·
Super Moderator
556 Posts
Welcome!

900 miles? That stings... Hope they give you a decent dollar on your trade.

The wait is super painful, I just kept working to keep my mind off it lol

Reactions: bucfan444

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
You're going to love the 959. I believe the zx14R is quite a bit heavier. What mods are you planning?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You're going to love the 959. I believe the zx14R is quite a bit heavier. What mods are you planning?
My ZX was almost 600 lbs wet weight...not exactly "flickable" through corners but it could catch pretty much anything on a straight patch of pavement. 190 hp is nothing to sneeze at.
Mods will be minimal on this bike.
Fender elim
Upgraded H11 bulbs
Ordered a Luimoto Ducati sear cover
Rear seat cowl
And a personalized plate "Veloce" (Italian for speed)

Of course what ever I see here on forum catches my eye will be added.

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
My ZX was almost 600 lbs wet weight...not exactly "flickable" through corners but it could catch pretty much anything on a straight patch of pavement. 190 hp is nothing to sneeze at.
Mods will be minimal on this bike.
Fender elim
Upgraded H11 bulbs
Ordered a Luimoto Ducati sear cover
Rear seat cowl
And a personalized plate "Veloce" (Italian for speed)

Of course what ever I see here on forum catches my eye will be added.
I know what you mean. My other bike is a Kawasaki Concours (680 pounds). It's great for long (multi-day) trips, carrying stuff in the saddle bags, and riding 2-up (my gf does NOT want to ride on the 959 again). And my Concours had a lot of power. But the 959 is so much more fun to ride and of course looks amazing.

Your list of mods is almost the same as mine. I don't have the seat cover. I've been considering the personalized license plate. Have you checked for the availability of "veloce" in your state? I just checked and it is NOT available in Washington state.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know what you mean. My other bike is a Kawasaki Concours (680 pounds). It's great for long (multi-day) trips, carrying stuff in the saddle bags, and riding 2-up (my gf does NOT want to ride on the 959 again). And my Concours had a lot of power. But the 959 is so much more fun to ride and of course looks amazing.

Your list of mods is almost the same as mine. I don't have the seat cover. I've been considering the personalized license plate. Have you checked for the availability of "veloce" in your state? I just checked and it is NOT available in Washington state.
Wasn't avail in Florida either as spelled so I substituted a "zero (0)" for the "o" in the word and it shows available. No one will realize the font change in one letter.

·
Super Moderator
556 Posts
Wasn't avail in Florida either as spelled so I substituted a "zero (0)" for the "o" in the word and it shows available. No one will realize the font change in one letter.
I'll notice. Do not pass go. Do not collect $200.

Reactions: bucfan444

·
Super Moderator
556 Posts
Custom plates galore!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
556 Posts
You getting it in the morning or afternoon?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts