Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every time I start my bike, the left display is set to TOT and the right display to Outside Air Temp...
Every time I start my bike, I change both of these damned settings to what I actually what it to show...

Is there a way to change the default, or is this something that is just going to annoy me until I sell it or crash it and buy an S1000RR?

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Every time I start my bike, the left display is set to TOT and the right display to Outside Air Temp...
Every time I start my bike, I change both of these damned settings to what I actually what it to show...

Is there a way to change the default, or is this something that is just going to annoy me until I sell it or crash it and buy an S1000RR?
I just found this is covered on page 49 of the user's manual.

Upon the Key-ON, the data displayed for MENU 1 and MENU 2 are the ones displayed upon the previous Key-OFF.
Note
The factory set default parameter (Odometer -TOT) is displayed for 10 seconds upon Key-ON for MENU 1 and then the parameter from last Key-OFF is displayed.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just found this is covered on page 49 of the user's manual.

Upon the Key-ON, the data displayed for MENU 1 and MENU 2 are the ones displayed upon the previous Key-OFF.
Note
The factory set default parameter (Odometer -TOT) is displayed for 10 seconds upon Key-ON for MENU 1 and then the parameter from last Key-OFF is displayed.
Does this work for you? I think the manual is a liar. It goes back to TOT every time. I have to manually switch it back every time I ride the bike.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Does this work for you? I think the manual is a liar. It goes back to TOT every time. I have to manually switch it back every time I ride the bike.
I'll have to try it and report back.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Now seriously!
Wouldn't you prefer riding Monica Bellucci :D than Angela Merkel :eek: ?
Haha, honestly, I'd rather ride Sara Calixto, but Columbia doesn't make a super bike. lol.
But if those are my choices, then Monica has been a long time favorite. :)

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Haha, honestly, I'd rather ride Sara Calixto, but Columbia doesn't make a super bike. lol.
But if those are my choices, then Monica has been a long time favorite. :)
LMAO. Nice decals too!
What's wrong with those Columbian industrialist!

Reactions: Sina

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Following a special trip to the garage:
Hup, it works according to the manual. Pick a setting for menu 1 and 2 while running, turn off key, turn on key and start engine. Menu's will return to your previous settings after a few seconds.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Following a special trip to the garage:
Hup, it works according to the manual. Pick a setting for menu 1 and 2 while running, turn off key, turn on key and start engine. Menu's will return to your previous settings after a few seconds.
I just rode home. Started up in TOT again. Set it back to clock... again.
When I go to the gym in a half hour I'll buy you some Marchesini's if it goes back to clock like the manual says. lol.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
I just rode home. Started up in TOT again. Set it back to clock... again.
When I go to the gym in a half hour I'll buy you some Marchesini's if it goes back to clock like the manual says. lol.
My last settings prior to shut-off were:
Menu 1: Time
Menu 2: Temp

Upon Key On, settings went to TOT. However those setting returned to Time and Temp a few seconds after start-up.
I further tested this by changing those setting and repeated the procedure with the same "Prior to Key Off Settings" as a result. No issues here.

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
The manual's integrity and credibility are in question.
@DarR will be seating the final nail in the coffin tomorrow...

FBI Director Comey said the manual was written with gross negligence but that was not grounds for prosecution...

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
@Kevin.H
Although the manual's integrity and credibility are in question, I have tested firsthand the issue that @msdss mentioned and did not have this same issue on my bike. Notwithstanding, I encourage others to try and compare results. Let's see what transpires.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Works fine with me as well. Just like it says in the manual.

@DarR - any news on those new Marchesinis?
LOL, They don't make them in red as far as I know. I'll settle for a Caramel Macciato instead and it tastes much better!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think mine might be another issue. Starts up in TOT. Stays in TOT. I switch it clock.. repeat. Dunno...

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
I think mine might be another issue. Starts up in TOT. Stays in TOT. I switch it clock.. repeat. Dunno...
Just have your dealer look at it. It might just require a reset.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It has to be something funky with the electronics. I looked down while I was riding, and it was the clock. I took a few turns and looked down again, and it was back to TOT. Something ****** is going on.

·
Registered
70 Posts
checked mine, it works like the manual states and DanR and others state. Returns to previous state after a few second. I happen to keep TOT on the right display most of the time anyways.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts