Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry everyone but I used the search engine to find out the procedure on checking the valves on my 959. Nothing came up, maybe I did not use the correct wording. I have a 1200 page pdf from the internet and was wondering has anyone used this and is it the real service manual or some Chinese bootleg. I called Desmotimes and he does not support the Panigale engines. Does anyone have a good manual they can share on doing the adjustments. I do all of the maintenance on my bikes and need good service manuals to do it. Andy

·
Registered
136 Posts
I have the 1288 page workshop manual, titled "2016 DUCATI SBK 959(E4) Service Manual"

Found it from somewhere on the internet. I have used it to figure out how to remove some fairings thus far and seemed reliable. Will likely reference it for future work like an oil/coolant change. I don't believe it's a bootleg manual, but I can't speak to accuracy of the instructions for valves.

·
Registered
892 Posts
That 1288 page service manual is based on Ducati's online service portal and is legitimate.

Also, consider the fact that the graphics and diagrams within that document are of CAD models of prototype and actual Panigale geometry with specific Ducati tooling part numbers. I'd be HIGHLY IMPRESSED if it wasn't legitimate, and honestly anyone looking through it with any mechanical experience would immediately know that its sufficient for accurate servicing.

That said, quite a bit of the 959 service manual uses graphics/diagrams from the 1199/1299, so use discretion and common sense.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts