Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello All,

I took the bike out and sealed the paint after a wash. I use a poly wax that seals and protects all painted and plastic bits. I do this twice a year and wax over it. I only have to buff and polish once a year. Living out here in Las Vegas the UV damage is severe. Plastics fade and are damaged out here in the heat and sun. After riding all I have to do is wipe down with a Detailer gets all dust and any bugs off. Things don’t stick so nice. I’ll let a week/two go then do a wax. I use a high UV protector for the seats so they don’t fade.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I’m a perfectionist I’ve spent years looking and testing many products. I’ve used off the shelf and professional products. So there are many things I use and many different products and techniques. As some one that started as just cleaning a car I’ve developed my own set of techniques and processes. What products you ask? Well that depends on what results you are looking for really. I can give you off the shelf product where others you can only get from pro dealers. What I’ve found is that it’s how you use them that matters. I’ve panted a panel on the bike but nobody has guessed what one. If you want an all around good quality product I would recommend Griots Garage. I like them over chemical guys. But each has there own star products.
For the average person I would recommend the following process using Griots products
Wash
Clay bar with speed shine
Compleat compound with orange pad. (Be carful use low rpm)
Compleat polish use microfiber head
Poly wax using red hand application everything painted or plastic.
Wait a week or two then
Best of show wax hand application
Use speed shine in between to clean
Best of show Detailer to protect
Interior Detailer to protect seats
Interior cleaner (best stuff ever made) to clean anything.
vinal and rubber dressing for rubber bits.
Once again it’s important to use these products correctly and properly.

I am more than happy to help anyone with questions. I use theses products on my 2017 car and it looks show room new out here in the desert so they work well. If used properly.
Note our paint is fairly thin so use caution when using machines you will see some red come off. Do not burn your paint.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
I use Honda Spray Cleaner and Polish - maybe you've read that in a thread here. My bike has never seen water. But if I were to use professional washing products it would be AMMO. Like you I'm a perfectionist.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bikes are different than cars. I’ve only used water once. Especially out here you need good soap as water is crap. Only use soap and water in sections of the bike. After that with my process it’s only ever sees the speed shine and Detailer. No need for soap and clay again.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
I should mention there's a LOT LESS you can do on the Arctic White Silk because of the Matt clearcote finish

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I should mention there's a LOT LESS you can do on the Arctic White Silk because of the Matt clearcote finish
True I haven’t touched one of the aw paints. If clay it then use the poly wax you would be good. As it will really protect. Then use a good Detailer to maintain.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bike looks great. What kind of mirrors are those? I can’t say that I have come across them.
Carbonvani Race Deamon carbonfiber mirrors. They are hand made in Italy. They have sequential turn signal in the front. They have a balljoint on the faring and the mirror also tilts. They have a blue tint that is on the mirror. They are direct plug and play for the Panigale. They do not bounce around and I can see really well out of them. I love them!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Carbonvani Race Deamon carbonfiber mirrors. They are hand made in Italy. They have sequential turn signal in the front. They have a balljoint on the faring and the mirror also tilts. They have a blue tint that is on the mirror. They are direct plug and play for the Panigale. They do not bounce around and I can see really well out of them. I love them!
Love them. Are they matte or gloss finish?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts