Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Yea it makes side walls on cars look good. But dressings are not for bikes lol. Your story sounds like some I’ve heard.
After I wash the wheel and the tire I rinse it off then the wipe the tire off with Towel then detail the wheel.

Cleaning your chain I recommend Kerosene to clean and a grunge brush use some carboard behind the sprocket. Clean it then wipe it down with a towel. I recommend Motul factory line chain lube. Use grease ninja see link Motorcycle Chain Maintenance Oiler Lube Cleaning
to apply the lube. The best bang for your buck will save you so much on lube over spray. Let chain sit over night ride in the morning.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Yea it makes side walls on cars look good. But dressings are not for bikes lol. Your story sounds like some I’ve heard.
After I wash the wheel and the tire I rinse it off then the wipe the tire off with Towel then detail the wheel.

Cleaning your chain I recommend Kerosene to clean and a grunge brush use some carboard behind the sprocket. Clean it then wipe it down with a towel. I recommend Motul factory line chain lube. Use grease ninja see link Motorcycle Chain Maintenance Oiler Lube Cleaning
to apply the lube. The best bang for your buck will save you so much on lube over spray. Let chain sit over night ride in the morning.
Funny you mentioned Kerosene as well. My neighbour that used to ride told me to clean it with it just last week, so I am taking advice from both of you, but never heard of Grease Ninja. It's an amazing product. I believe our chain size is 520, but will double-check before I order. Thanks as always bro. Much appreciated.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Thx again brother
I have an odd question for you. This is my second bike, first Ducati. Even in the MSF class, I was told to shut off the bike with the kill switch all the time. For my CBR600RR, Honda told me to use the key and only to use the kill switch in emergency situations. I have been using the key to shut off the bike, never the kill switch. Do you use the key as well?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Yea key is the safest and main a switch is a switch and can brake ect. Really up to you but I use my key mostly.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Yea key is the safest and main a switch is a switch and can brake ect. Really up to you but I use my key mostly.
Same here..will keep it to the key function. It's getting way cooler to ride, so looks like will store both my rides away in a few weeks. Gonna lube the chain after cleaning the bike and put some Sta-bil in the fuel tank before storing it away. The Grease Ninja part is on its way to can't wait to try it :)

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Look in to sea foam with your moisture my dad said it works better than stabil he uses it back in Ohio and he right on the lake.

·
Registered
72 Posts
These products these days have some truly funny names, grease ninja, sea form...Lol. I will look into this brand. I am not too keen on Sta-ble, so for sure will check this one. Thanks again. I am attaching some pics to this chat. This is under the passenger seat. Some are saying this is for the trickle charger, but I already have an extension under the lower fairing on the left side on the bike. Do I have two options to trickle charge this bike...any idea?

Attachments

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I’ll look when I get back home but I believe that’s the update port for the Ducati diagnostic to plug into.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Yea I checked when I got home, what your holding in your hand is the DDA plug. Your trickle charger is on the left side of your bike.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Yea I checked when I got home, what your holding in your hand is the DDA plug. Your trickle charger is on the left side of your bike.
You are right. I too was doing some digging after work and it's not for the trickle charger. It's on the side like you said. Thanks bud. Stay safe. Not sure of I told you, but I installed the throttle spacers and what a difference. Such a smooth to ride.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Nice! They make all the difference in the world and such an easy fix. Honestly not sure why Ducati can’t just fix it. It’s been so nice in the mornings I can’t wait for the weekend to go ride.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Nice! They make all the difference in the world and such an easy fix. Honestly not sure why Ducati can’t just fix it. It’s been so nice in the mornings I can’t wait for the weekend to go ride.
You lucky. My nice weather is going away. Taking my Z06 for the last yearly oil change. Will drive that a bit more as I have been riding my 959 a lot recently. Then store both away after cleaning them in a few weeks. Both have tires that don't work well when cold...lol

21 - 37 of 37 Posts