Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys !

Just wondering if this is the proper way to clean bike or ...
I think Jet washer might push water in unwanted area or using this kind of brush could leave scratch on the paint job ...
What do you guys think ?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Now that's what I call washing and cleaning a bike!.........but me..........my bike never sees and never will see a high pressure water blaster........too higher risk of damaging the body work or getting water into electrical/electronic components.
And my bike will never see a brush like that.........but hay, that's me.

I do clean her after every ride......just in a more gentler way

Music in the video was pretty cool.:smile2:

·
Registered
892 Posts
I'd agree with @PAN959, pressure washing is definitely overkill and can cause more problems than it cleans. There really isn't a need to "wash" your bike unless you ride through muddy conditions, just a quick cleaning session and you're ready for the next ride.

I clean my bike once every month/1000 miles-ish using a bucket, microfiber towels, a spray bottle (pre-soak), and Optimum No Rinse Wash and Wax. Bucket diluted to 1:128. Spray bottle diluted to 1:64. Technique described here: Up Close & Personal: Optimum No Rinse Wash & Wax 1 gallon of water and two clean 16x16 microfiber towels cleans the whole bike. Spot clean rims with WD40 for any stubborn grease. Then, with leftover solution in bucket, I take my clean "dirty" towel (cleans rims only) and just wipe down rims. Takes me about 30 mins with probably half of that spent on the rims.

·
Super Moderator
556 Posts
Foam gun and a proven detergent is the proper way. You can get both from distributors like Detailed Image for <$80.

Generally, you want to avoid using any abrasive.

·
Super Moderator
1,276 Posts
I'll do a de-bug, general clean and polish, as well as clean the chain after every ride. I use my pressure washer with the low pressure tip on it when needed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts