Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So lately things with my clutch have made it impossible to find neutral, when I pull the clutch in the engagement point is very close to the grip even putting the handle level to the furthest setting did not help! I rode my friends 1199R and S1000RR and you barely have to pull it in to get to the friction point there its perfect, mine use to be close to that point but now things got worse, which kill my chances of 2nd gear clutch ups :frown2::frown2:

·
Registered
892 Posts
What have you done to the clutch so far in terms of maintenance?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What have you done to the clutch so far in terms of maintenance?

Nothing at all the clutch reservoir did go down a quater. Maybe it’s time to change?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
892 Posts
Yep somehow you got a bubble in the line, so its about time you did some maintenance on your clutch hydraulics.

Plenty of guides and tutorial videos on the internet, very easy to do as well.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yep somehow you got a bubble in the line, so its about time you did some maintenance on your clutch hydraulics.

Plenty of guides and tutorial videos on the internet, very easy to do as well.

Cool thanks DJ sounds like I’ll be doing it early morning before work tomorrow!

·
Premium Member
1,278 Posts
I've found that Ducati clutch / brake masters need to be bled quite frequently. A few times a month on the street bike and a few times per weekend on the track bike.

I go straight to the master and that's usually all you need to cure a soft lever.

·
Premium Member
1,278 Posts
Those are slick, @JWoody

The master bleeder nut is larger than the caliper bleeder. I believe they are 14mm. One or two pumps is all you'll need on the master. You'll feel a huge difference after the very first one.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I've found that Ducati clutch / brake masters need to be bled quite frequently. A few times a month on the street bike and a few times per weekend on the track bike...
@dougo1199 Really? I'll have to keep that in mind over the life of this bike...

-J:cool:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Having the same clutch issue. Thanks for sharing! I got a weekend project for myself now :)

Glad you found this Post Helpful! Have fun my guy!

·
Registered
192 Posts
So just got back after doing my first ever clutch fluid change and boy did I make a mess out of it. I had lost complete clutch when I cracked open the screw near the slave cylinder and fluid started to leak out. I have a few follow-up questions before I attempt bleeding my brakes:

* I see there were two screws that I can use to crack open the nipple near the slave cylinder. I used a 12mm wrench but I started to see the leak when I cracked open that one. So next time I used a small socket to crack open the top screw part and that seemed to work better. I checked out the youtube video that was posted earlier of a 1098 but I wonder if the screws used on 959s are different?

* What size wrench should i use to bleed the front and rear brake lines?

* I used a 6mm attachment from mityvac to put on the nipple for bleeding. Should I be using any other attachment?

* For people who used a Mityvac (or other similar bleeding systems), what is the sequence of steps you follow? I first make a slight turn to break open the nipple, attach the 6mm attachment to the nipple and build some pressure by pulling the mityvac lever several times. After that I turn the wrench on the nipple further to open the line. Is this method accurate?

Appreciate any feedback you guys have to make this task easier. I hope to get better at it after a couple more attempts :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts