Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have been having issues with my clutch recently. My bike sat for a couple months and I lost all the pressure in the clutch handle, so when I would squeeze the clutch handle, the clutch would not disengage.

It looked like the clutch fluid was low, so I topped it up and managed to get pressure back. I bled the clutch through both ports and removed all the air bubbles.

However, when the bike is in gear and the clutch handle is pulled you can still feel that the clutch is engaged when you attempt to roll it (unlike when the bike is in neutral and easy to push).

The clutch handle has decent pressure, so I am pretty confused.

Is this normal, or is there something wrong. I still have 1 month of warranty so if its broken I can still have it fixed for free (except the closest ducati service shop is 2 hours away, so I rather not take the bike in unless I have to).

Thanks in advance for the help!

·
Registered
126 Posts
However, when the bike is in gear and the clutch handle is pulled you can still feel that the clutch is engaged when you attempt to roll it (unlike when the bike is in neutral and easy to push).
Is the bike running when you're doing this? If it's not running, this is normal.

Reactions: Dingo

·
Registered
89 Posts
Have the dealer check for leaks and bleed the system.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts