Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my Domino grips put on tonight. Used the compressed air method and it was a breeze.

I have the front brake exactly how I like it though still need to mess with the clutch a bit. I'm a 1-2 finger brake/clutcher and on the clutch side the way I have the engagement point I bang my ring finger a bit when pulling it all the way in. Probably just wrap a little tape on that knuckle, it does take some abuse.

Not having to use the key for the gas cap is pretty sweet. Watch the Dutchman videos for tips, they were immensely helpful.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
If you're hitting your knuckles, shorter levers will alleviate that issue. I have Pazzo short's on all bikes with no crunching.

·
Super Moderator
1,276 Posts
They appear to be "shorties" in that pic. Unless he has the adjuster way forward.... Looks good in either case!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yup, shorty's on there. I really only bang my knuckle (actually just below it) with full clutch in when coming to a full stop, I have the engagement point pretty early in the pull so I can just flick it on downshifts. For some reason I two finger the clutch and single finger the brake, I can just mod the brain to four finger it at stops and problem solved.

New tires came in today, I didn't realize how worn my first set of OEM's were until I compared them to new shoes. Spring can't come soon enough.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Yup, shorty's on there. I really only bang my knuckle (actually just below it) with full clutch in when coming to a full stop, I have the engagement point pretty early in the pull so I can just flick it on downshifts. For some reason I two finger the clutch and single finger the brake, I can just mod the brain to four finger it at stops and problem solved.

New tires came in today, I didn't realize how worn my first set of OEM's were until I compared them to new shoes. Spring can't come soon enough.
Another option is to move the lever inwards enough to clear your knuckle.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks DarR, I see what you mean, I could move the whole assembly a bit to the outside so the curve on the shorty clears my hand, thanks!

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Thanks DarR, I see what you mean, I could move the whole assembly a bit to the outside so the curve on the shorty clears my hand, thanks!
You'll have to file the irritating pin on the clip-on to move the clutch assembly a few mm ( or up and down) to suit your taste. BTW, that was my very first mod in order to adjust the clutch lever to my taste.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Higher res attached, couldn't figure how to edit/replace my original post. Ignore the blue painters tape, that was to hold in the clip on bar plug, forgot to take it off for the pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
stupid ducati put locater pins on the perches so you can't move the levers...
As mentioned a few posts above, "You'll have to file that irritating pin on the clip-on to move the clutch assembly a few mm ( or up and down) to suit your taste. BTW, that was my very first mod in order to adjust the clutch lever to my taste."

Reactions: Rinzlr

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
For those of you that've filed or removed the pin, does the housing move on you?

·
Registered
63 Posts
How is the shape of the TWMs compared w OEM?

Also, has anyone else had any right wrist issues and solved them? Serious question as much as I can’t wait to hear the funny answers. I wonder if it’s a leverage issue due to the shape of the levers or it could maybe be the angle of the lever itself.

Has anyone had any issues with the controls twisting after filing off the locator pins?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Down hill braking after awhile was uncomfortable, rolled perches all the way forward, installed adjustable levers from Moto Million.

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
Loosened perches and turned them forward so the levers were in line with my hands didn`t remove stops. Also did some wrist strength training

·
Registered
63 Posts
Loosened perches and turned them forward so the levers were in line with my hands didn`t remove stops. Also did some wrist strength training
Gotcha. So the angle is less. Did you run into any fairing clearance issues?

Also looks like you're right down the road from me (Redwood City).

1 - 20 of 21 Posts