Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have put this off too long and need to get that stock whale tail off of my 959.

I like the look of this one and it integrates the turn signals into the existing brake lights.

Pros and cons from anyone that has tried the Competition Werkes unit?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
I have the Integrated Tail Light in Smoke - and I love it. I've posted pics in a thread somewhere... no issues with it and it looks the part. After looking just now at their website, I see a Clear available that wasn't when I bought mine - I would definitely get that one if I didn't have one already.

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have the Integrated Tail Light in Smoke - and I love it. I've posted pics in a thread somewhere... no issues with it and it looks the part. After looking just now at their website, I see a Clear available that wasn't when I bought mine - I would definitely get that one if I didn't have one already.

Thanks Dingo, I'll definitely order the clear one and give it a try.

Best regards,

John

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just ordered one from SoloMoto, there was no option for smoke/clear, so not sure which one they are sending me.

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Here was the response from SoloMoto support on the clear vs smoke option issue, now I'm confused Dingo as to exactly what I just ordered:

Mike Gilchrist (SoloMotoParts)
Aug 14, 5:48 AM PDT
Hey John,

Thanks for contacting us today. This kit actually does not include a tail light piece, it will only include the turn signals and the LED license plate light to illuminate your plate in the night.

If you have any further questions or concerns please let me know. Thanks
Mike Gilchrist
(855) 828-6099 / [email protected]

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I thought the turn signals were integrated with the brake lights on this thing?

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think I just screwed up, the one I ordered does not have the integrated lights but some kind of a separate turn signal, not sure how they attach but it looks like they're add on pieces just below the brake lamp.

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The competition werks Integrated tail light has built in turn signals. Not the fender eliminator kit.

OK so I ordered the wrong one, how are the turn signals attached on the fender eliminator kit?

Thanks!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I think I just screwed up, the one I ordered does not have the integrated lights but some kind of a separate turn signal, not sure how they attach but it looks like they're add on pieces just below the brake lamp.

Yes, they attach below the tail light. I ordered both as i wanted to use the license plate relocater.

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
OK thanks, that is what I thought, are the turn signals attached to the inside of the duct with screws or adhesive tape?

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes, they attach below the tail light. I ordered both as i wanted to use the license plate relocater.

OK I'm a little confused, you ordered both a fender eliminator kit and an integrated tail light assembly? The integrated taillight does not come with the license plate bracket if I am understanding you?

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Mike Gilchrist (SoloMotoParts)
Aug 14, 6:51 AM PDT
Hey John,

The unit you had ordered is actually a fender eliminator kit which would cleanup the OEM Ducati License Plate Holder (the turn signals will attach to the supplied bracket). Competition Werkes does also offer a integrated tail lightfor your specific Panigale, I have attached the link below for you to take alook at.

http://www.competitionwerkes.com/index.cfm/product/2430_3345/integrated-taillight.htm
MikeGilchrist
(855) 828-6099 / [email protected]

Ok now I am really confused, Mike is telling me the turn signals attach to the supplied bracket, from the photos it looks like the turn signals are attached to the inside of the cooling duct just below the brake lights.

·
Registered
16 Posts
OK I'm a little confused, you ordered both a fender eliminator kit and an integrated tail light assembly? The integrated taillight does not come with the license plate bracket if I am understanding you?
The Integrated tail light does not come with a license plate bracket. Only the fender elimintor kit does.

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi zebt66, I got that part, my confusion is over the Solomoto tech's statement that "the turn signals will attach to the supplied bracket."

This makes no sense looking at the photo, looks to me like the signals lights attach to the inside upper portion of the cooling duct.

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
I must say that their website leaves something to be desired. Hope their products are better.

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I must say that their website leaves something to be desired. Hope their products are better.

My thoughts exactly, I'll let you know, I might be pleasantly surprised.:|

1 - 20 of 65 Posts