Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed comp werkes black velvet slip on, sprint f1 filter, and power commander. Dyno tune results went from around 133whp to 142.2 whp. Just ordered the Bren tune tablet so will be taking it back to the dyno after that to see the difference and adjust the A/F. Will more than likely post some pics and vids soon.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Not a bad pick up of power. I noticed you started two threads on this, why?
You should post pics of the bike and whatever pictures or videos you have. Also, be ready to answer some questions regarding your power commander settings.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Just installed comp werkes black velvet slip on, sprint f1 filter, and power commander. Dyno tune results went from around 133whp to 142.2 whp. Just ordered the Bren tune tablet so will be taking it back to the dyno after that to see the difference and adjust the A/F. Will more than likely post some pics and vids soon.
Thinking about a similar setup on my bike. Would be very interested to see pics and a video with sound!

·
Registered
190 Posts
If you have the Power Commander, why do you need the Bren Tuning box?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I started the threads because i'm new on the forum and wasn't sure the best place to post it. Working on getting pics and vids uploaded.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The power commander only tunes the air fuel ratio. But the brentuning can do a lot more. Remove top speed limiter, turn fan on sooner, raise redline, also because the 959 is ride by wire the throttle does not open up fully until around 9k rpms. Brentune can give you 100% throttle whenever you punch it. Just got it all installed and its amazing. Bike is way more of a beast now!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
439 Posts
The power commander only tunes the air fuel ratio. But the brentuning can do a lot more. Remove top speed limiter, turn fan on sooner, raise redline, also because the 959 is ride by wire the throttle does not open up fully until around 9k rpms. Brentune can give you 100% throttle whenever you punch it. Just got it all installed and its amazing. Bike is way more of a beast now!
Top speed limiter?

You mean the 186mph / 300 kph dash display limit? You aren't going to get that fast on a 959 even with a Brentune.

·
Registered
439 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Is the brentuning tablet easy to use? ive been thinking of getting one as well.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Yeah, I am turn between TuneBoy and the BrenTune tablet. I am sure that in the end, they can do similar things with similar results. Just trying to figure out what the most cost effective option is.

I plan to keep the bike largely stock. Maybe a washable air filter but keeping the stock exhaust for now, it's loud enough and looks good. But I would like to smooth out the power, get the throttle bodies to open faster and make the bike more aggressive with regards to power and acceleration...

Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Yeah, I am turn between TuneBoy and the BrenTune tablet. I am sure that in the end, they can do similar things with similar results. Just trying to figure out what the most cost effective option is.

I plan to keep the bike largely stock.
Maybe a washable air filter but keeping the stock exhaust for now, it's loud enough and looks good. But I would like to smooth out the power, get the throttle bodies to open faster and make the bike more aggressive with regards to power and acceleration...Thoughts?
I've Bolded the three most important points IMHO.

If you're going to leave the bike stock, your most cost effective option is "do nothing". The smoothness of a fuel controller or flash will only help where you don't really need it namely: Race mode/ 1rst gear/ 3~5k rpm.

However, if you plan to make any changes to your exhaust, then consider a Rapidbike as it will adapt to whatever you decide to do. This is contrary to a flash which is good (and sometimes better) but only if you know specifically what you have modified and plan to stay that way.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I've Bolded the three most important points IMHO.

If you're going to leave the bike stock, your most cost effective option is "do nothing". The smoothness of a fuel controller or flash will only help where you don't really need it namely: Race mode/ 1rst gear/ 3~5k rpm.

However, if you plan to make any changes to your exhaust, then consider a Rapidbike as it will adapt to whatever you decide to do. This is contrary to a flash which is good (and sometimes better) but only if you know specifically what you have modified and plan to stay that way.
Well, if we want to follow that line of logic, a Grom would be far more cost effective than the Ducati. LOL

I mean, that I want to smooth it out, make it better, pick up some power and features... Does it make sense to do a PC-V like I would do on a Jap bike? Or have Mark flash it with TuneBoy? This BrenTune seems to get good results and would also save me trips to the dealer when it comes time for some services, because I can reset my maintenance minder myself, etc...

I like that it doesn't rely on a PC, that I can just plug it in, do its thing and then put it in a drawer for the next time I need it...

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Well, if we want to follow that line of logic, a Grom would be far more cost effective than the Ducati. LOL

I mean, that I want to smooth it out, make it better, pick up some power and features... Does it make sense to do a PC-V like I would do on a Jap bike? Or have Mark flash it with TuneBoy? This BrenTune seems to get good results and would also save me trips to the dealer when it comes time for some services, because I can reset my maintenance minder myself, etc...

I like that it doesn't rely on a PC, that I can just plug it in, do its thing and then put it in a drawer for the next time I need it...
Nothing wrong with a Grom, Haha. On that note, a few Panigale owners on this forum have scooters and other small bikes for commuting.

Getting back on topic, a flash is good once you've made specific mods. For a stock bike, the value is questionable as there's no power to pick-up. Purchasing now becomes a personal decision should you intend to mod at a future date.

If you mod the exhaust, then you definitely have to rebalance the AFR. I suppose you can flash and re-flash after every mod if the tuner can provide you with a dedicated map for every specific change. Both flash and piggy-back units have their pro's and con's. Having the ability for DYI is a plus and many tuners offer that such as Rexxer (flash) and Rapidbike (piggy-back) among perhaps others.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Nice, Does the comp werks 959 exhaust have cats? Pop a lot? how much louder is it then the stock exhaust. Thinking about getting the same exhaust. I have it on my Monster 1200S

·
Registered
190 Posts
So you gained 10hp with the comp weakest can, before tuning the afr? Just swapping out the mufflers? You did the dunk run in stock form on the same dunk as after?

·
Registered
190 Posts
I got the BrenTune and Sprint air filter and with the map that they sent me for my setup, I lost 3hp. The stock map is rich, and the BrenTune made it even richer, costing me power.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts