Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bike started normal yesterday but after 10 minutes of riding, i got a complete loss of throttle and Check Engine Light. After I turned the bike off ('16 959) and turned it back on, the CEL stayed on but i got full access to throttle again. Bike runs as normal (no limp mode) but engine light stays on.

When this happens i can twist the throttle to 100% with no response as if the bike were off. Not even a tickle in Neutral. Happened back in November 2020 the first time, I rode it back home and the next time I turned it on about a week later, engine light was completely gone.

Any idea what it could be?

I have 400 miles left before the 7,500 mile Ducati service. I have to wait for warmer weather to take it to Ducati in Tacoma, WA so for now it's just home in the garage. I take it around the neighborhood every 10 days to keep fluids going.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I had something similar on my '18 CORSE. Dealer looked it over and found some wiring shorted in the Throttle assembly. The replaced it fine and the Warranty Claim was accepted. Paperwork from the shop said total cost was $518 including parts/labor.

-J:cool:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had something similar on my '18 CORSE. Dealer looked it over and found some wiring shorted in the Throttle assembly. The replaced it fine and the Warranty Claim was accepted. Paperwork from the shop said total cost was $518 including parts/labor.

-J:cool:
Thanks for the info!! Definitely a bit of relief (for now) once i take it to Ducati and they run diag, it's hopefully just that.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I had something similar on my 899. Error code was related to the throttle bodies giving an implausible reading. A quick reset of the APU and TPS fixed my issues. Cost me about $100.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts