Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my constand from Motea in Germany. Has an adapter plate for Panigale and they were awesome to work with getting order setup.

Due to European addresses having numerics after street address I was unable to checkout using PayPal as it could not verify address.

I spoke with Carmen on phone and they were able to setup my account properly on their end to reflect USA address.

When you visit their site it says they do not ship this item to USA or outside of Europe. That is not true. They will ship to the USA and spoke great English if you call them by phone.

Luckily I was able to snag this on sale and got a great price including shipping from Germany. My total w/ shipping ended up being $313.00 and the best thing about it I won't have to trim the fairing.

A couple pics after unboxing. Still have to put together and install a couple bolts on the bike with adapter.

This is the part that installs on the bike

I'll get some pics posted for update once it's ready.

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
I'm curious to see if you can ride it without discomfort once the bike attachment is installed...

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Isn't the attachment right where your inner knee would be when in crouch?

edit:

I think I see where it would mount (without reading a manual) - its forward and down from your shin...?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)

edit:

I think I see where it would mount (without reading a manual) - its forward and down from your shin...?

We will find out soon lol.

Here is a video of the install on bike.
https://youtu.be/Mx8YCjCZ35I

I work all weekend so not sure when I will get to it. But will try after work sometime over weekend.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

edit:

Yes it will not interfere at all a picture of part installed and 2nd pic of me on it.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Thanks!! Looks good so far, I might have to get one!
How about the other bolt that you've backed out - I'm guessing to see if it will hit your leg once the install is completed...?

·
Registered
25 Posts
i remove the front steel pin from the bracket but leave the bracket in place,also i put the rear one back to the original when i go to use the bike.
the rear one is close to your shin when you move about on the bike

·
Registered
93 Posts
I would prefer to not have to move/remove/replace anything to use the stand.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
From what I've tested I'll be fine without removing anything.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Does that attachment double as a frame slider? Is it rated for that is what I'm asking because I love the stand idea but I'd haft give up my slider for that I think.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Does that attachment double as a frame slider? Is it rated for that is what I'm asking because I love the stand idea but I'd haft give up my slider for that I think.

I'm not sure I understand what your asking.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'm not sure I understand what your asking.

The attachment that you have bolted on for the lift appears be mounted where my slider is installed.

If it doubled as a slider to not have to remove one function for another I would be impressed and interested, as I like the center stand idea...

·
Super Moderator
1,276 Posts
Interesting. The part the looks like it may be intrusive is the adapter that replaces the bolt on the shock mounting structure. (not shown in your photo but shown in the video)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Interesting. The part the looks like it may be intrusive is the adapter that replaces the bolt on the shock mounting structure. (not shown in your photo but shown in the video)
it is if you move your leg back and forth,2 mins to change it over for the original though

1 - 20 of 45 Posts