Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I'm new to the Ducati world and have an eye on a salvage Ducati that came up on the auctions. I'm having trouble finding OEM fairings for the 959. The bike is in red however my heart is set on white. I've been searching non-stop for genuine fairings for the bike and found an earlier thread with links to some of the fairing pieces. Just wondering how easy is it to convert a red 959 to a white one? Moreover, what fairing pieces are required? I found a few of them (links below);

I would really appreciate if you guys could help me out.
The bike has a snapped handlebar (right side) just after the kill switch toggle. Is it difficult to replace this?
Also, where would I find the red wheels that come standard with the AW 959?

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
you don't need our help... buy the fairings and install them... at best you need a local mechanic that can do the work for you if you don't have the tools. It'd be in your best interest to bring the bike to a Ducati dealer to be checked out - it's quite possible that more than just the handlebar needs replacing.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I did a quick search for OEM parts and found this place.
https://amsducati.com/ducati-oem/

Look up the diagram for your bike then input the parts you want and see how much it costs.

I've had luck on getting used parts on Ebay in the past, but that was with older motorcycles. I'm not sure if you will have the same amount of luck with a relatively new model. Some parts on the 899 are interchangeable with the 959, so look into that.

As @Dingo mentioned, getting a dealer to take a look is a good option too if money isn't a concern.

·
Registered
439 Posts
For new parts, figure out what you need using the AMS online catalog and then plug in the part numbers here:
https://kfm-motorraeder.de/cms/en/genuine-spare-parts/ducati-spare-parts

Check out the other Panigale forums and not just this one to see what their members have in the classifieds.

Rubber side up is another good site to check out for used parts recovered from totaled bikes.

The fairings won't be a problem, but the tank will cost you to match the AWS.

As for the wheels, don't go with OEM if you are replacing, that would be a wasted opportunity. Get some OZ or Carrozzeria forged wheels if carbon fiber is too much for your budget. Don't bother replacing heavy cast wheels with red cast wheels.

Good luck.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Another option, although I have no experience with this manufacturer, they do offer a money back guarantee.

https://www.ifairings.com/ducati-959-oem-replacement-fairing-kit-in-pearl-white/

Complete set of white fairings for less than one OEM panel.

I spoke with them and they said the white is not exactly a match for Ducati arctic white, but it is a very close match and an easy color for a paint shop to copy in order to paint the tank.

They also offer some really nice custom setups that would really make your bike one of a kind.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts