Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there is a decent amount of info on coolant flushes/changes but I had a more specific question as I am planning on changing the coolant from oem to Engine Ice. I've been told the workshop manual says to drain the coolant by opening the drain plug on the side of the radiator and disconnect the lower line at the radiator fill neck that goes to the heat exchanger.

I have gotten mixed information as to whether or not it is necessary to drain/flush the line connected to the heat exchanger. My guess is the purpose is to drain the volume of liquid that is trapped in that length of tube. What is your experience? Just trying to avoid extra steps if they aren't necessary. Especially since that line is in a bit of tighter spot.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I changed out the original coolant to engine ice. During refill I squeezed the hoses a bit to try to get air out, capped the radiator, ran the bike to the point the fans cycled on and off 2-3 times. Then I let it cool down and topped off the radiator. I got back from a ride (about 20-30 min) and temps seemed normal (peaked at 221 idling at a long red light) and when I got home and shut it off I heard a gurgling noise for a second or two. Reservoir level is still good and no overheating. Should I be concerned about remaining air pockets?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts