·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
They just got back to me, it is essentially just the quickshifter. If the ECU does not have the capability of receiving the downshift signal it won't work. I don't know if the stock ECU out of the 959 has a pin for downshifts that is not being used but my guess is no.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
So brain storming here and looking at ecu pin outs and wiring diagrams. Both the 959 and 1299 have only 1 ecu pin for the quick shifter. The difference being the 1299 has a 3 wire shift sensor vs the 959 2 wire sensor. So I checked where the 3rd wire was going and it goes to ecu pin 55 sensor ground. 1299 wire #1 Bn/V ecu pin 48(sensor +5V) wire #2 pin 21 (ecu quick shifter) wire #3 Bk/V ecu pin 55(sensor ground). 959 wire #1 Pin 21 (ecu quick shifter) with 1,5 ohm resister going to Bk/V (sensor ground) wire #2 Bn/V pin 48 (sensor +5v). I wonder if we can just put in a 3 wire sensor and run that third wire to the Bk/V wire.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
So brain storming here and looking at ecu pin outs and wiring diagrams. Both the 959 and 1299 have only 1 ecu pin for the quick shifter. The difference being the 1299 has a 3 wire shift sensor vs the 959 2 wire sensor. So I checked where the 3rd wire was going and it goes to the coils. 1299 wire #1 Bn/V (coils) wire #2 pin 21 (ecu) wire #3 Bk/V (coils). 959 wire #1 Pin 21 (ecu) with 1,5 ohm resister going to Bk/V (coils) wire #2 Bn/V (coils). I wonder if we can just put in a 3 wire sensor and run that third wire to the Bk/V coil wire bypassing that resistor.
Is this something you're going to try? How much is the 1299 sensor? perhaps some of us can pitch in on the cost for you to try it...?

If it works, I would Definitely be modifying mine!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
When I try it I'm going to hook up the 3rd wire to sensor ground. The closest sensor ground is the black wire on the side stand switch. I'll keep you updated, just not sure when I will get to it. I'm not an engineer or anything, so it may or may not work depending on the dead time. My guess is it may not work without a reflash because I think downshifts blip the throttle. Not sure if upshifts do or not.

·
Registered
49 Posts
If this worked this would be an amazing discovery!!

I'm no electrical engineer - I'm a mechanical engineer - but perhaps for testing, instead of buying the new quick shifter for testing, you can instead wire in a momentary switch to ground that 3rd pin you're looking at.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
To update this thread I've purchased a stock 3 wire shifter from a V4 and a new 3-way connector. I will be getting Tuneboy software soon to tune the ecu which comes with auto-blip. Tuneboy uses and reprograms the front O2 sensor wiring to blip the throttle bodies for auto-blip. So in the end you get auto-blip and full tuning capabilities for around $400.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts