Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any recommendations for a cover that will stand up to going down the road on a trailer?

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
That’s a good question, but before I answer, I have one for you... do you care about the finish of the bikes panels? I’m assuming your answer is a resounding YES! Then I suggest you first find the softest microfiber sheet to cover the bike with, after you’ve cleaned it. Then fit the tightest cover you can afford, and further covered with a tarp if it’s gonna get wet. Yep, multiple layers. I made the mistake years ago with just putting a tarp over the bike and the wind ripped the tarp like mad, scratching up the panels and windscreen. I didn’t make that mistake again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
The next best thing to @Dingo 's suggestion is no cover at all. Flapping tarps and paint don't go well together.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks to you both, I had considered each of the options mentioned.
Guess it's no cover, I was leaning towards that anyway. Considering the AWS can't really be buffed out if it gets blemished. It's not as if it's difficult to clean. Thanks again.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Option #3 - enclosed trailer :grin2:

Reactions: DarR

·
Registered
892 Posts
Option 4, in the future will be a toy hauler travel trailer.
No joke, I was dreaming, looking at some enclosed trailers and came across some toy haulers. It's not too far fetched to just save up for a toy hauler if you plan on overnight track excursions. They're expensive sure, but in terms of relative cost, some of the cheaper toy haulers cost about 2-2.5x the cost of a comparable enclosed one and just provide so much convenience/value (assuming you have something that can haul the weight).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts