Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

Dda + gps

13K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  Toretto 
#1 ·
Hi,
Has anyone fitted the DDA + GPS kit to the 959?
It's not listed on the Ducati site for the 959 and I have been told that the 899/1199 kit is not compatable with the 959.

Just wondering if anyone has fitted it as the sockets are all there as it's the same loom as the 899.

cheers for any information.

Martin

#3 ·
I'm racing my 959 in the British one make series next season so was after the GPS for the lap timer, the DDA isn't allowed and the port is sealed by the scrutineers.

This is what I've been told so far, right or wrong....

There is no official DDA+ GPS kit for the 959.

The 1299 DDA doesn't work with the 959 as it looks for sensors which aren't there.
Nobody seems to know if the 899 kit will work on the 959, however, as the superleggera has the DDA as standard so you can buy the parts seperatley.

The GPS module on it's own is about £250, the thoughts are that this is a common part throughout the range and "should" work.

At the moment we are waiting for an answer back from Ducati UK if this is true or not.

When I hear something I will post it here, otherwise if anyone knows anything different I be interested to know.

#5 ·
For those looking for a GPS lap timer which works with the factory dash, there is also the PZRacing LapTronic LP400. However it isn't a plug and play unit through the DDA port, you will need to do some simple wiring work. The wiring diagrams for the 959 are included in the box.

#8 ·
Website says it's DDA+ GPS ready, problem is when you then call up the 959 electrical accessories on the Ducati site it's not listed.
899 is, 1199 is and 1299 is. Not the 959...

Ducati Coventry "JHP Racing" confirm it's not listed on their Ducati list of accessories for the 959.

#9 ·
You can always order one of the two available (preferably the latter 1299 model) from your dealer on condition that you can return it if it doesn't works on the 959?

#17 · (Edited)
I recently used a phone app called "Track Addict" which seem to work quite well.
You can fine-tune it such as adjusting the start/finish line. Awesome for occasional track use as it gives you comparative lap times and loads of other real time info. You can also record videos. Best part: It's free!
TrackAddict for iOS & Android by HP Tuners

#18 ·
Very similarly to Track Addict, I use RaceChrono which captures GPS (got a $100 Garmin GLO 10Hz unit) and OBD data. If you mount it on the handlebars, has a nice HUD for real time lap timing.

You can analyze the data on your phone or using Circuit Tools which allows you to take a detailed look into corners/sectors, comparing lap-to-lap differences with the data you collected.

Not bad for ~$100, just not as integrated as the DDA+GPS.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.