Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
still looking for the right slip-on to get for my 959. mainly looking for better sound and some weight savings from stock shotguns. keeping it road-legal would be a plus. found this initially on ebay then went to their website. I was wondering if anyone from the UK has any experience using these Delkevic slip-ons. they have carbon fiber and stainless steel options of varying lengths. comes with removable db-killers. street legal versions come at 350mm length and longer. price is the cheapest so far among available slip-ons for the euro version 959s (1/2 of austin racings)!
(photos borrowed from Delkevic website)
250mm

road-legal 350mm option

would love to hear from anyone who knows about the brand.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
no love from euro version 959 owners out there? seems to have good reviews from Diavel owners. at fraction of the cost of the more popular brands, can't help but wonder if it's worth trying out...

·
Super Moderator
556 Posts
If I were in your shoes I'd be picking up a stock US exhaust. I happen to be in a country that only cares about the environment on paper and web blogs. Either way, good luck to ya and post pics!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Took a gamble and made a purchase from Delkevic and just wanted to share to those looking for aftermarket options for the Euro version 959. I was surprised with what I got and wanted to do a quick review...

350mm oval exhaust in carbon fiber...

My reason for choosing the 350mm can
- street legal
- not looking for louder exhaust

Quality
- packaging of Delkevic was very nice. comes with everything needed for the install, including a tube of silicone sealant!
- if my pictures doesn't show, overall build quality is top notch! stainless steel parts are very nicely polished! Carbon fiber is very well made (comparing to my Monster 796 Termis)

Ease of installation
- pretty much plug and play. just get everything lined up the way you want it, tighten the clamps and bolts and you're done!

Sound quality
- volume without the db-killer is pretty much the same with stock, which is what I wanted.
- exhaust note is deeper than stock which is nice! tried to take a video of the difference but the engine noise makes it hard to pickup the exhaust notes (plus I am parked in a basement which just amplifies the engine noise)

Weight
- stock = almost 10lbs on my bathroom scale
- Delkevic 350mm = less than 5lbs including link pipe

Price = $250, how can you ignore that!

Overall impression
- Very impressed with Delkevic! I know it's not for everyone but I got what I wanted and my expectations were exceeded! I still have to take the bike out for a ride to see if there are any performance gains.

·
Super Moderator
556 Posts
At $250?

Not bad at all. How does it sound compared to stock? Now that I think about it, what does stock euro sound like compared to stock us?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The exhaust can I got is a UK street legal option so sound volume is pretty much the same compared to the stock shotguns, and that's with the db-killer out. With the db-killer in, it is quieter than stock. I wasn't looking for a louder exhaust, just better sound, lighter weight and cleaner look than stock. performance gains would just be a plus. The tone is a bit deeper than stock although stock exhaust sound is not too bad anyway specially at full throttle. It's quite hard to distinguish the exhaust note because of the engine noise at idle. I can't compare it with a US version 959 or maybe a 899 as I don't know anyone nearby who has one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts