Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a call from the dealer saying my new AWS 959 will be ready to be picked up on the 29th of this month. The dealer mentioned that prior to pick-up the bike gets a one over to ensure everything is correct including a test ride. So I am curious, if anyone else purchased their bikes with some mileage on the odometer and if so how much?

My first bike was a Ninja 300 and when I picked that up it had 0 on the clock...

I personally don't want mine test ridden and have never heard of new bikes being test ridden.

Comments? Cheers

·
Registered
215 Posts
Ducati allows test rides. I rode my 959 a week before I bought it. It had 7 miles on it and 6 came from my test ride

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
mine came with a small number of miles and so did my Honda CBR600F3 back in 1995 - they ride and work on these things every day, they know if something is off, I hope they find it and I dont!

·
Registered
42 Posts
With the user manual etc I got with my bike, they accidentally included the pre-handover check list.
It appears it is a Ducati factory requirement that the bike is taken for a ride by a mechanic to ensure everything is in order before they will hand it over.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I believe mine had 7 miles on it when I picked it up, none were 'test-ridden' by me. Till then I only rode the store demo 959.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Every bike gets ridden by the dealer. If they don't they aren't doing their job. They should take it for a quick ride around the block to ensure there are no funny noises, any mods you put on are ok, you have all gears etc etc.

Your ninja having zero is poor on their behalf.

·
Registered
892 Posts
I got mine at 10 miles.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts