Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm writing this to provide some perspective on the fact that your bike - each one of ours - is only as good as the mechanic that put it together after it came out of the crate. After roughly 1200 miles on the clock thus far, here's the final straw for me. The scenario: I was test fitting some custom CF bits around the engine and something came to my attention... here's a pic I took. The bolt was roughly 85% backed out of the blow-by outlet. This has prompted me to strip the bike and go over every single bolt - something I can't wait to do this weekend - with the service manual and make a note of the trouble areas I find.
I urge every one of my fellow 959 owners to do the same - meticulously go over every bolt and make sure they're secure. Happy wrenching :wink2:

Attachments

·
Registered
110 Posts
This is a very valuable piece of advice, especially for the example pointed out. Some people may have more than one, others may have no issues, BUT it's always the best to be aware of that and go over it yourself. People are subjected to making mistakes at some point, you can never be too sure and confident.

·
Registered
8 Posts
id give some support to this too, had the exhaust hanger bolt (euro 4 side pipe version) hall out after less than 200 miles. seems the Italians havnt found out about Loctite yet...

·
Registered
892 Posts
Hey @Dingo, did you ever find any other bolts?

Based on other threads and videos I've seen, here are ones that may loosen over time specific on 959:
  • Kickstand
  • Switch Guard
  • Rearsets
  • Blow-by Outlet Union
  • Bar Ends
  • Battery Terminals
  • Front Sprocket
  • Fairing
  • Exhaust Hanger

From other panigales:
  • Shift rod to knuckle (899/1299)
  • Heatshield (1199)
  • Swingarm (1199)
  • Exhaust hanger (1199)

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I haven't had the pleasure of finding more loose bolts - and I do a visual inspection before every ride

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts