Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this is stupid question, and I tried to quickly search for interchangeably. With the threads on 5k exhaust thats just more than I want to pay, yet I see slip ons for 1199 and 899 all over the place in the sub 2K$ level.

Do they fit or is the pipe size different?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Sorry if this is stupid question, and I tried to quickly search for interchangeably. With the threads on 5k exhaust thats just more than I want to pay, yet I see slip ons for 1199 and 899 all over the place in the sub 2K$ level.

Do they fit or is the pipe size different?
The header size of the 899 is smaller than the 959, so you want to stay clear of the ones specifically for the 899. 1199/1299/959 all have the same header size so they should be interchangeable..

·
Registered
14 Posts
The header size of the 899 is smaller than the 959, so you want to stay clear of the ones specifically for the 899. 1199/1299/959 all have the same header size so they should be interchangeable..
so does that mean the sc project exhaust for the 1199 will fit the 959??

·
Registered
57 Posts
so does that mean the sc project exhaust for the 1199 will fit the 959??
From a header size they should fit (tried to find specs on their website but couldn't find any). The only thing I am not 100% sure right now is whether or not the bottom fairing is actually different between 1199 and 959/1299 (in regards to exhaust). I don't think so for the US model (swapping the Euro 4 models to underbelly exhausts requires new bottom fairing) but it's something to check prior to buying if I were you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I asked this same question to the owner/master mechanic of Duc Pond, a boutique Ducati dealer in Winchester Va where they build custom race bikes for serious money. He told me the exhaust is essentially the same for all Panigale models, 899/959/1199/1299 so they should be interchangeable.

·
Registered
220 Posts
So the question to this is no they are not interchangeable to a certain extent

899-1199 yes should bolt up I think it's 57 or 58 mm

959-1299 and pani r 2015-2016 yes these should be interchangeable because same piping diameter 60mm

You may have to replace entire header or just the y that joins the exhaust

I'm not 100% sure but 98% as this is what I've read from other swaps on other forums.

·
487 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
would any one have an idea as to where i could buy the full stock oem exhaust for the us bike ( the manifold pipes and the mufflers) and how much it might cost? thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
would any one have an idea as to where i could buy the full stock oem exhaust for the us bike ( the manifold pipes and the mufflers) and how much it might cost? thanks in advance.
Cost for a brand new OEM exhaust from Ducati is about US$2800 - includes all gaskets, springs, fasteners, etc.

·
Registered
57 Posts
You probably need to find someone who has a full OEM exhaust he/she is willing to part with and lives in one of the countries who got the underbelly exhaust. Shipping certainly won't be inexpensive...

I do have one...

·
Registered
57 Posts
Cost for a brand new OEM exhaust from Ducati is about US$2800 - includes all gaskets, springs, fasteners, etc.
Don't think that actually includes everything...retail for the full OEM exhaust system (muffler, pipes etc.) actually comes out just short of $4k.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Oh...sooooo confusing. I have the same question and I'm glad I found this thread. I just bought my 959 last week, brand new. All I really want to do is find a used set of Leo Vance or Termi slip ons. but I definately want to make sure they are plug and play if I buy them from someone who used them on an 1199 or 1299.

·
Registered
32 Posts
swapping on pani R cans onto my us spec 959 in the next week or so

I'll be selling the oem slips ons for around 400 usd that will include the Y pipe
they will be Brand new 0 miles as the dealer damaged my original oem exhaust with a fork lift fork just before I purchased and they are giving me a new set

pm if interested

1 - 20 of 22 Posts