Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my local dealer price for Akra slip-on holomogated silencer today.

It's about $2273, and they told me it's just plug-and-play, without any ECU modification, means no up-map key needed.

Is it true? $2273 for the looks only is too high price for me.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Reactions: cuonglm

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Why not consider one of these SC-Project exhausts for your 959?
SC-Project Shop
The craftsmanship of their products is awesome and at a fraction of the price, including the cost of adding an air / fuel modulator which is far better than a fixed up-map. Moreover, some of their exhausts are homologated for sound. Even those do not have "cats" thus the bike runs much cooler.

Reactions: cuonglm

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Why not consider one of these SC-Project exhausts for your 959?
SC-Project Shop
The craftsmanship of their products is awesome and at a fraction of the price, including the cost of adding an air / fuel modulator which is far better than a fixed up-map. Moreover, some of their exhausts are homologated for sound. Even those do not have "cats" thus the bike runs much cooler.
Yep, I considered SC-Project, too. All is in plan, I won't make exhaust modification right now.

The SC-Project sound is awesome, but quite too loud for my place. Even with stock exhaust, I have too take the bike to the head alley before starting it, otherwise, my neighbor would complain.

Another issue for me, is the bike performance. Because the way Ducati made this 959, any exhaust, but Akra one come with warranty. I am going to trade the warranty for a full system, but not the slip-on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts