Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering because I was looking to get the Ducati Battery Maintainer but it says its not compatible with bikes equipped with this battery or the Panigale R so I'm just curious...

·
Registered
19 Posts
It does not.

Which brings up a question on my end, My bike came with a tender installed, do they all not come that way?

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
My bike came with a tender installed, do they all not come that way?
My Panigale 959
YES/ No/ Maybe (my mech installed it during prep but I thinks it's a dealer's prerogative as it's easy)

My Monster 1200R
No (as it's not easy)

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Just wondering because I was looking to get the Ducati Battery Maintainer but it says its not compatible with bikes equipped with this battery or the Panigale R so I'm just curious...
I'm using 3 Motomaster 2A and 2 Battery Tender 3A on all 3 bikes and 2 Seadoos. Fully Automatic for about $45ea
And they come SAE plus 2~3 other adapters including pig tail with fuse.

Lithiums batteries cannot be maintained with constant voltage trickle chargers. That's why you require intelligent battery maintainers that can charge in float mode. Both battery maintainer brands posted above does float mode monitoring / charging. Moreover, Lithium batteries do not require to be left on maintenance as they keep a charge for months. You just top it up as needed and prior to using following winter.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
This thread has a winterizing spin to it. Consequently, do take the weigh off the bike's tires with stands among other things to do.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I installed a Shorai on both the Panigale and the RR. Least expensive way to drop nearly 5 lbs of weight, increase the amount of CCA to the starter and ignition, and extend the time in between having to charge the battery. I have yet to put either bike on a tender and have gone several weeks without riding with both starting without a cold start issue.

Reactions: DarR and gatesb77

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Nice to know. I might do that next year.
BTW, this year, I'm working on dropping 5 lbs of weigh off both bikes by eliminating pasta and red wine.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
...BTW, this year, I'm working on dropping 5 lbs of weigh off both bikes by eliminating pasta and red wine.
It's the bread you're eating with the pasta and wine that's the culprit!
:grin2:

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
It's the bread you're eating with the pasta and wine that's the culprit!
:grin2:
That too but fortunately, I've been off the bread for a few years with the exception of the very occasional smoked meat on rye. I've invested too much in apparel to out-grow them.

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
Nice to know. I might do that next year.
BTW, this year, I'm working on dropping 5 lbs of weigh off both bikes by eliminating pasta and red wine.
Another new year's resolution to break? J/k

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Another new year's resolution to break? J/k
As if thats not hard enough, we now have to pass the turkey, gravy & stuffing period. Discipline, Discipline. Must fit in the track suit!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts