Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I decided to replace the cheap spool bobbins with a pair of Rizoma ones that I got from the local bike store. Not content with that I also got a pair of the Ducati Performance LED turn signals from my dealer. Install time for the lights took around 45 minutes mainly because I was being careful to remove everything properly and make sure to put everything back the way it was. Quite pleased with my work. Although I may pull it apart again in a few weeks when I get the DP Carbon and aluminium tail tidy. I've attached photos of the stock tail lights compared with the LED's to show difference in size.

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are actually way smaller than the stock ones. They're around the same size as the stock ones that come with the 1299. Which were actually what made me want to get these ones, I liked the way the 1299 lights looked. That and the fact that they're smaller, it should be harder for me to kick the lights off unlike my previous Ducati. lol. Although I think the stock lights on the 1299 are smoke instead of clear.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
@Ralliart959Panigale
Thanks for sharing this info about these Ducati Performance LED turn signals. I'm genuinely interested in these. Are they as bright or preferably brighter than the stocks?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Those look really nice and drastically smaller than the prior ones. Do you have any pictures from further back of the bike ?? Some off and on shots would be nice too ;)

·
Registered
150 Posts
I bought those same Rizoma spools, I think you are supposed to take those big base plates off the spools before you put them on. 100% chance that they will pop out and hang loose after a few rides. That's what happened to me. :D

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I bought those same Rizoma spools, I think you are supposed to take those big base plates off the spools before you put them on. 100% chance that they will pop out and hang loose after a few rides. That's what happened to me. :D
I'm pretty sure the instructions said you can leave them on. I've torqued them down pretty tight. Might actually loctite them as well, you have me a bit worried now. Lol.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I'm pretty sure the instructions said you can leave them on. I've torqued them down pretty tight. Might actually loctite them as well, you have me a bit worried now. Lol.
I used lock tight as well. The spools are on there solid. But the metal disk things just pop off on both sides and just hang there. I'll take a picture when I get home (I still haven't gotten around to taking them off hehe).

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Point of bar ends over stock ones?
looks if it's the same mass - other it could be to help deaden the vibrations in the handlebars (more mass) or reduce weight with lighter ones
I went for the look, don't like the stock ones at all :wink2:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
looks if it's the same mass - other it could be to help deaden the vibrations in the handlebars (more mass) or reduce weight with lighter ones
I went for the look, don't like the stock ones at all :wink2:
This. They are lighter than stock. So I went for looks.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Have the DP LED lights on my 959, love the look and extra brightness they give.. worthwhile upgrade for those on the edge about it!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts