Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy, I bought the items Curly had for sale and got them on just in time to load up for a track day so no time to adjust them.

DP Levers
Exactly like my TWM's except for the engraving. One note on the engraving, it adds texture to the brake and provides better feedback. Not sure this was by design but it was very noticeable the first time I used them. Worth the price difference between DP and TWM? Not at all, but since they were used (still in box, never installed) I found the price to be fair, and will sell my TWM shorty and full length levers soon.

DP Rearsets
My rear brake was adjusted too low so I can't comment there yet. The height difference is very noticeable, threw me off my normal cheek position. Since my knees were higher my body thought I was already slid over...need to erase that muscle memory.

The shifter (GP shift position) was perfect. The textured metal at the lever end was fantastic, not a singe missed shift all day under draining conditions, so mistakes were common and quickly met with a trip to the pits for more water.

The grip....oh the grip!!!! So much better than stock, I feel like spiderman with these things.

As said before, I need to get back on the road so I can work on my body position and commit it to muscle memory, the rearsets completely changed how I need to sit. Looking forward to exploiting what they have to offer.

Cheers!

·
Registered
208 Posts
I am really starting to think I need rearsets. I had to unfortunately pass on a good set being sold here when the clutch on my bmw was acting up, but I will get some one day soon.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have heard many praises for Woodcraft, especially if you go down certain parts will breakaway and are relatively easy to purchase and replace. $1300+ for DP is pretty insane.

I had an issue with dragging my toes when at max lean, just couldn't get the right perch, now being a little higher and more grip has solved that.

If I had to list my mods in order of necessity it would be;

Tank Grips
Ohlin Steering Damper
Rearsets
Domino Grips
Race Seat
Throttle Spacers

Everything needed to help you be comfortable with a good riding position, and the steering damper to tune your steering input preference.

One of these days I'll bring my bike down to VA, my brother lives in Madison, maybe head down to VIR.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I got VIR coming up in Sept with Mid Atlantic Ducati/Cornerspeed. Should be blast. The woodcraft units are great because of the reasons you named, but they are so ugly. I have 50 percent of your list so far, I am also 15 minutes from Madison. @Kev242

·
Registered
149 Posts
Kev, Im glad you like the parts! They look great on your bike! RIDE SAFE!

PS the levers weren't used! Brand new, never installed! 😉

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
I had an issue with dragging my toes when at max lean, just couldn't get the right perch, now being a little higher and more grip has solved that.
I had my toe scrape the ground a few times. Quite unnerving!
That rattled me big time as my knee wasn't even close to the ground.
Been thinking about rear-sets ever since but questioning the cost of that upgrade for the few times per year I hit the track.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah, I got duckfeet and always trying to work on a position for maximum clearance. Hitting a track this weekend that I know fairly well and had toe dragging, will report back after I get there.

The grip of the rearsets is what really impressed me, allows for a lot of options on my stance. Did a few street runs and didn't change the gearshift (might bring it back towards the peg a few mm if possible) but got my rear brake set so I can lock it if needed.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I am at a rearset upgrade stage.
Already have replacement Rizoma pegs and DP reverse shifter linkage but I want the complete set up
Problem is so many choices.
Woodcraft, Lightech, CNC Racing, TWM, DP, Rizoma and I am sure there are others.
I have Woodcraft on my 900 and 996 and found they moved up and back too much
I don't bend as well as I used to.

If you have to pick just one which would it be?

·
Registered
217 Posts
I'm happy with my Driven rear sets. California company, quality made, good price, standard or GP shift pattern compatibility.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts