Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been flying my drone for about a month mostly over lakes and waterfalls and some family videos. Yesterday I made my first attempt of recording my Panigale.

Though it's not perfect, it turned pretty nice. None the less to important factors... Had fun and as always enjoyed riding the Panigale.

https://youtu.be/IOHW2xeJbsg

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
439 Posts
Interesting...

Every time I view one of these, it appears as though I am watching a video game. I am not sure if there are frames that are being dropped either during the recording, mixing, or playback, but the result is a kind of digital motion like you see with high quality consoles.

Please don't get me wrong, I am very impressed with what you put together and the quality makes it tempting to look further into getting a similar drone myself. I have been playing with the idea for quite some time.

I am curious to know what sort of results you would get by having it follow you around a short track at a high rate of speed. It would likely not have to travel very far, but instead navigate around a small area and just rotate in a tight circle.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
@Spanishcop
Very cool with Great soundtrack. Well done.
As an aside, where's your riding gear?
Not a criticism, just an observation, albeit a subtle suggestion.

·
Super Moderator
1,276 Posts
That's pretty slick! I curious if it would track accurately at a high rate of speed in a track environment as well? I could see this as being the next step in track day photography.

Reactions: Spanishcop

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Interesting...

Every time I view one of these, it appears as though I am watching a video game. I am not sure if there are frames that are being dropped either during the recording, mixing, or playback, but the result is a kind of digital motion like you see with high quality consoles.

Please don't get me wrong, I am very impressed with what you put together and the quality makes it tempting to look further into getting a similar drone myself. I have been playing with the idea for quite some time.

I am curious to know what sort of results you would get by having it follow you around a short track at a high rate of speed. It would likely not have to travel very far, but instead navigate around a small area and just rotate in a tight circle.

First question I'm still Fairly new at drone flying and videos. Quality.... It records in 4k... The video I upload is "cached video" lower quality which is the live feed video sent from drone to phone. The SD card on the drone has thr 4k video which I haven't edited yet.

Speeds.... The drone I used is DJI Mavic. Wind plays an important factor on keeping up with speed. Also keep in mind the drone speeds are listed of 40mph.

Mike

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
@Spanishcop
Very cool with Great soundtrack. Well done.
As an aside, where's your riding gear?
Not a criticism, just an observation, albeit a subtle suggestion.

Your absolutely right... I always try to wear my armored jacket... I don't own anything for my legs yet. But I did not have it on during video though I highly encourage to wear it.

·
Super Moderator
1,276 Posts
First question I'm still Fairly new at drone flying and videos. Quality.... It records in 4k... The video I upload is "cached video" lower quality which is the live feed video sent from drone to phone. The SD card on the drone has thr 4k video which I haven't edited yet.

Speeds.... The drone I used is DJI Mavic. Wind plays an important factor on keeping up with speed. Also keep in mind the drone speeds are listed of 40mph.

Mike

I see! Sounds like the technology has a ways to go to become "high speed" but I'm sure it's coming. Really slick vid. Thanks for posting.

Reactions: Spanishcop

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The Mavic Pro is not so much focused on speed even though 40mph is pretty quick for now day drone on top of how small and portability being the biggest....

So wind is kind of a factor but yet very amazing piece of technology that I'm still learning how to use.

None the though I'm a beginner I feel I've made some decent videos so far. I have a few others on my channel.

Mike

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Yes it's a very nice way to record from a different perspective and small enough to take anywhere.

This is a small slingbag I use when I go on bike and still fit a camera top.

And digital camera with 300mm lens on top zipper pocket.

My 2yr old next to bag.... As you see its tiny.

Mike

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Mike, I think you forgot to add the link to the quadcopter video!! OR you mislabeled the heading of your post...
What Nikon camera is that? - Yes, very small bag!

·
Registered
892 Posts
Wow, I read that it folds to be small, but that really is compact!

Are the items with the numbers 1/2/3/... battery packs?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Wow, I read that it folds to be small, but that really is compact!

Are the items with the numbers 1/2/3/... battery packs?

Yes.... That is a custom skin I added on my Mavic and put numbers on my batteries.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Mike, I think you forgot to add the link to the quadcopter video!! OR you mislabeled the heading of your post...
What Nikon camera is that? - Yes, very small bag!

Dingo the video is posted on first post. Not sure why I didn't show up for Ya. Here it is again.
https://youtu.be/IOHW2xeJbsg

Also here is a video about the drone itself for those interested. It's an amazing piece of technology. The video covers a lot of the capabilities. Interesting to watch....

https://youtu.be/p1d_ptE6yrc

Mike

·
Registered
439 Posts
One of the former moderators of the 1299 forum owns a camera shop here in Dallas and they are one of the largest DJI distributors in the area.

Steve is a good friend of mine and a riding buddy, but has since been convinced to turn to the dark side and rides a RR.

If you are interested in parts or looking into ordering one, you ought to give them a call and hit him up...

For those of you residing outside of Texas, these drones are not cheap and by ordering out of state, you stand to save $$$'s!

https://www.facebook.com/GarlandCamera/?pnref=lhc
(972) 278-0717

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
One of the former moderators of the 1299 forum owns a camera shop here in Dallas and they are one of the largest DJI distributors in the area.

Steve is a good friend of mine and a riding buddy, but has since been convinced to turn to the dark side and rides a RR.

If you are interested in parts or looking into ordering one, you ought to give them a call and hit him up...

For those of you residing outside of Texas, these drones are not cheap and by ordering out of state, you stand to save $$$'s!

https://www.facebook.com/GarlandCamera/?pnref=lhc
(972) 278-0717

Prices are pretty much set with free shipping $999 or fly more combo $1299.

I ordered straight from manufacture. They ship straight from China where they are made. About 5 days shipping. Mine works perfect. Same price as in USA and you have direct purchase from manufacture for warranty with no worries if authorized dealer or not.

That's how I did mine.

Mike

1 - 20 of 25 Posts